elcobi2004

New Rig!

Hey guy's

I bought myself a rig this weekend. A javelin container with a sabre II 170 main and a 170 reserve(I don't remember what canopy it is). It also has a cypress. I got it all in $1,800. He even threw in an altimeter. Everybody at the DZ was saying that it was a steal. Just the canopy alone is worth more than the whole rig people where telling me. He didn't even have more than a 100 jumps with that sabre. Any suggestions on how I should treat this new rig? It's my first one.
"Fast is slow, slow is fast"

Any suggestions on how I should treat this new rig? It's my first one.

get in inspected/repacked by a rigger.
and find out what kind of reserve you have !

otherwise - USE IT. Too many people have them resting in their closets, it's a shame :(

congrats, you really did get an awesome deal

This is what I was told by my rigger to do with a new rig (or newly aquired rig) be the last guy out of the plane and pull high (around 6 or 7 grand) play with the canopy find the flare and stall points, just go back to the basics for a few jumps until you get comfortable with the rig.....
even if you have jumped the same canopy before...

Yeah, I did that on my first jump with it. I opened at 6,000 and just played around with it. But after that my second jump with it I just opened at 4,500. Both times I got some end-cell closure. not too bad. but the second jump I had slider up. Other than that it opens really really smooth and slow.
"Fast is slow, slow is fast"

I jump the same canopy, same size as well. The end-cell thing happens about 50% of the time. Nothing to worry about, a little pump on the rear risers is all that's needed. Congrats on the new gear!

Blues
I'm behind the bar at Sloppy Joe's....See ya in the Keys!

Muff 4313