packertom

help from people who were at the Just For Us Boogie at Skydive Dallas

hey all.. Kim Schuette and someone had a canopy collision at the JFU boogie at skydive dallas and I was looking for her canopy yesterday.. my partner and I spent almost 7 hours wandering through the corn.. did anyone see about where the main landed? I'm freaking exhausted and really would like to find it for her, she's a great lady. she found her freebag in line with the right (east) edge of the huge pile of haybales and the left (west) edge of the clump of trees.. we were looking west of that wind line figuring that the canopy travelled farther.. now we're getting some reports that it may have landed to the east a hair.. any reports on what you may have seen would be helpful... thanks.

Tom
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com
What's YOUR Zombie Plan?

we thought about talking to the guy with the ultra light at the end of the run way.. problem is the corn is very, very thick and about 8 feet tall.. the canopy is at the bottom and they've been looking for it on every load since.. you really can't see more than about 6 feet... wish it was that simple... but it's just too thick and by the time that the corn dries out and you can see to the ground.. it will be too late for the canopy... i hate corn.. why can't people around here grow potatoes?
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com
What's YOUR Zombie Plan?

i hate corn.. why can't people around here grow potatoes?

Because McDonalds, Coca-Cola, and a thousand other junk food selling corps have no interest in buying high fructose potato syrup. ;)

Good luck finding the canopy.
Owned by Remi #?

From what i heard from the other jumper involed in that incodent it was north of the hay but south of the barn. But he lookied for his canopy(which is soposed to be with hers) for several hours the day it happend. He even used my 4 wheeler to look for it. Good luck. he said his canopy is trash, but he was looking for hers.