djta0707

100th jump ideas?????????

One of the jumpers at our small C182 dropzone reached a 100 jumps a few weeks ago. A few of the instructors and the S&TA organized a 5 way for him from 10,000ft.

They did a standard AFF exit with a few extra people, the 100th jump wonder in the middle student position... the moment they left the plane, they pulled his pilot chute ;)

The look on his face on the video is priceless... this is a busy airport with very controlled airspace and I've never seen a high altitude H/P done, CI/DZO arranged it especially for him.

Something I've seen many people do is "Go Big". In my short experience it hasn't worked yet. If you've been doing four way. Do a really fun four way. Don't set up an eight way hybrid. It's gonna turn into a piece of shit.

Mainly just have fun. One hundred won't be much different than 99 or 101, just have fun.

Good Luck and Have Fun

Mo

I jumped butt naked. It was -10 degrees on jumprun. I thought it was going to be a solo, but as I ditched my boxers in the back of the 182 I saw one of my AFF instructors hanging off the strut waiting for me to climb out hahaha. :ph34r:

Less talking, more flying.

Well i think milestone are great (and I don't want to burst a bubble or anything) the best celebration for your 100th jump is to make sure you do the 101st and the 102nd.

I mean that not in a "don't get hurt kinda way" and instead more in a, cool you hit a 100... don't spend all day on it, make sure to keep jumping so you can hit 200!

Happy 100th :)

-Patrick

I jumped butt naked. It was -10 degrees on jumprun. I thought it was going to be a solo, but as I ditched my boxers in the back of the 182 I saw one of my AFF instructors hanging off the strut waiting for me to climb out hahaha.

Oh, so that's how you do it.

I was thinking I have to sit naked in 182 on the way up.. so just put boxers over my legstraps :) What did you do when you land (the bad part).

Perhaps it's possible to take off the boxers and stuff them in your helmet, so when you land you can put them back on.

I know I definitely wouldn't walk into a hangar with 60 guys having suffered the most brutal shrinkage possible.

Perhaps it's possible to take off the boxers and stuff them in your helmet, so when you land you can put them back on.

You also have an unpacked parachute that you can wrap around you. Trying to find a way to bring something with you to the ground is not needed.

On the thread topic. For the 100th jump idea, I say naked reverse cross country. That will give you a story to talk about for years.

You also have an unpacked parachute that you can wrap around you. Trying to find a way to bring something with you to the ground is not needed.

I think you trust your fellow skydivers far too much :)
No way would I walk into the hangar of a small 182 DZ naked with a canopy wrapped around me... call me shy, but I go by murphys law and there will probably be a bunch of girls around :)

The other thing to do for a nekkid jump is stash some clothes on the other side of the airport and just land over there.

The effectiveness of this plan depends on your airport layout, the level of your sneakiness, and how much your fellow skydivers are willing to fuck with you;)

I got nuthin

I think you trust your fellow skydivers far too much

No way would I walk into the hangar of a small 182 DZ naked with a canopy wrapped around me... call me shy, but I go by murphys law and there will probably be a bunch of girls around

It doesn't bother me. As long as no kids are around, I just walk in the hangar in the nude. I would rather be naked with a bunch of girls around than a bunch of guys. Something about being naked around a bunch of guys seems a little gay to me.

i went BIG on my 100th 22 way. but i got lucky and had a great organizer and a lot of up jumpers with thousands of jumps. we just kept it real simple. nothing wrong with going big just stay safe. here is the vid. i don't know how to make a clicky so just copy and pastehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rlQUsetb1KY

I was thinking I have to sit naked in 182 on the way up.. so just put boxers over my legstraps :) What did you do when you land (the bad part).

Does your rig have an ROL pocket on the leg strap? That makes a great place for your shorts. When I ordered my current rig, I had Bill Booth and company put a ROL pouch on EACH leg strap. One is for my shorts, one is for my cell phone. The rig was specifically designed for naked jumping. ;)

Peace,
-Jeff.
Peace,
-Dawson.
http://www.SansSuit.com
The Society for the Advancement of Naked Skydiving

I did a hoop dive. It worked out great. A camera guy held one side of the hoop so we got video of folks approaching and passing through the hoop. Another video guy captured the action from above. It was great fun for all.

I have a friend who put together a big jump (something like 12 or 15 jumpers) for her 100th. It was quite a zoo dive and not successfull. Pick something you are pretty sure you can pull off successfully!

Stay safe, have fun!!!
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!