horwichg

Is this first beer-able?

If you have to ask, you owe beer.

Yep, pretty much. Anytime YOU say you just did something for the first time, and somebody replies "BEER", YOU owe the beer.

It's okay to pay up once in a while for the big firsts, but best to just shut up and act like you've done it before with the small stuff, or you won't have any money left for the jumps. ;):D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Hey all,
Did my first 3-way today. I've done some 2-way RW and VRW?

do you have a lot of tunnel time?
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

If I'm not mistaken, the beer-for-firsts tradition has to do with surviving the sport and celebrating that fact. So beer firsts were for accomplishments of a certain value rather than just every little milestone. So going from 2 way to three way to four way would not really qualify as I see it. Getting to 100 jumps, a first malfunction/reserve ride, instructional ratings... these carry more weight and so are celebrated with the beer. Otherwise it could all be trivialized and beer firsts could be for absolutely anything. First pack job, first stand up landing, first new main, new container, new jumpsuit, new gear bag, first time going low, first time floating, first every damn plane we can get under your ass... I'm much more in favor of reserving the beer-for-firsts for something of real merit. Then again, just nailing some poor unsuspecting tyro is also worth the laugh just to watch their faces and see them trot of to the deli.
And just to clear things up on one issue: If you owe beer - for whatever reason - and you don't drink yourself, keep in mind the beer if for distribution to others and not necessarily about what you drink. And as long as we are making our own versions of traditions (is that oxymoronic?), why must it be beer? Let's get some variety here, folks.

Hey all,
Did my first 3-way today. I've done some 2-way RW and VRW, but this is the first with 3.
Some shouted "BEER" the second I hit the ground, and some say that 3 isn't beerable, but 4 sure is.
Which group do I believe?

After a careful review of the international beer rules book, it appears you do indeed owe a case of beer. By the way, chapter 3, section 7, paragraph 5 says a 4-way is green bottles.;)
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Hey all,
Did my first 3-way today. I've done some 2-way RW and VRW?

do you have a lot of tunnel time?

HAH! I see what you're wondering. It wasn't real VRW, more "Forced" VRW.
For a celebration of my A CoP, I was pulled into head down by a friend. I've also done some sit with another friend/coach, working on proximity and a couple docks.

Did you utter the "F" word? if you say First for ANYTHING around some dropzones, you owe beer.

My Wuffo friends always thought it was weird that I used phrases like pre-second time after I started skydiving. It just gets to be habit forming and your find yourself doing it in your "real life" too.