a63jmt300

GAS PRICES AND THE FUTURE OF SKYDIVING??

Skydiving will get smaller and more exclusive than it is now, at least until aircraft designs adapt (and that takes a while.)

Agreed...except I don't think there's going to be any "at least until..." regardless of aircraft designs.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

I think the DZO's should be inflating prices on the tandems by at least $10 per instead of fucking the fun jumpers in the ass the the increases.

Like the tandems care about $10....

Ever wonder why Tandem factories make the most profit ? Cuz fun jumpers btich and whine and alot of times end up costing the DZ money. most areas have competing DZs, so it's highly unlikley to get all teh DZs in the area to raise their tandem prices. And yes, Tandems do care about the $10, they are already spending close or over $200 (unless you are in Lodi :). I have picked up plenty of calls of people shopping around.

just a thought.

>By the time the aircraft designs adapt it'll be back to $20/barrel . . .

I don't think that's the case this time. I think the next generation of economical aircraft will use something other than Jet-A or gasoline.

Rolls Royce once claimed to have developed a turbine engine for battle tanks that would run on peanut butter (creamy, I expect).

The only sure way to survive a canopy collision is not to have one.

But what would that do to the price of a jar of peanut butter?

The last time I bought peanut butter in Venezuela it cost me $15 for a little jar. But then gas is only $.04/litre there, go figure
I got nuthin

I think the DZO's should be inflating prices on the tandems by at least $10 per instead of fucking the fun jumpers in the ass the the increases.

Like the tandems care about $10....

My DZ just did that so they did not have to raise the prices on us yet..B|B|
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

well...the auto industry is dragging its feet when developing alternative vehicles. everyone loves the Prius, but it still uses gasoline?....this is sad when GM produced an all-electric car back in the late 90's (i believe it was called the EV1?)...there wasn't any demand because gas was still cheap.

I would love to charge my car every night even if it meant I would only get a range of 200 miles.....lets hope the aviation industry starts thinking..

this is sad when GM produced an all-electric car back in the late 90's (i believe it was called the EV1?)...there wasn't any demand because gas was still cheap.

You are dead wrong about demand. The GM electric car was only available through lease. When the lease term expired, they did not allow people to buy the vehicle.

Instead, all the cars were destroyed. We can thank Big Oil for that!

Reference:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/General_Motors_EV1

I would love to charge my car every night even if it meant I would only get a range of 200 miles.....lets hope the aviation industry starts thinking..

It's quite a challenge to switch airplanes to a battery based engine - the weight is a problem and the consequences for running out are worse.

In the worst case, we may just start jumping off really tall spans. Basejump lite - where it is 1500ft up and away from walls. Maybe a balloon on a tether. Or use a hang glider / paraglider to get to altitude (pilot) and then jump off.

I´ve heard trough a friend that works occasionally as a T.I at Lodi that even there had to increase their ticket prices.
It`s now in the US$ 18,00 range.
Still is the cheapest place to jump in the U.S. :)
A Caravan ticket here was US$ 40,00 10 months ago, now costs US$ 65,00 and people keep jumping. :S
By the end of the year it will probably get to US$ 75.00 a lift to 12 grand.:(