virgin-burner

talk to your instructors! (help a retarded moron)

I'm not sure what you are describing then, you'll have to take a picture and PM me with it once it's done (see, here's your chance to show ME something new) :)
Is this like slocks that are attached to the risers to keep the slider down? That's safe.

I was picturing the ball/bungee system that goes around the reserve flap, so you are basically attaching the slider to the container... if you wrap with someone at 2000 feet and need to cut away, your slider is still attached to your rig in a place that can potentially inhibit reserve deployment. The risk is low, but still there... if the bungee doesn't release the main for some reason, you'd be hosed. It just struck me as funny that you're RSL-phobic because of horse-shoes but might be basically causing a problem very similar with the bungee/ball system.

Do or do not, there is no try -Yoda

thats what i meant with difficult communication. i'll gladly send you a pic when done. german terminology is NOT english. and for some things.. but you got the meaning of "the ball".. :)
yea, i also shudder when i see it mounted to the reserve-flap. i mean the part of the harness that goes over your shoulders, where your risers are stowed!? like 2 inces from where your reserve container ends at the top? maybe you'll understand, i'll send you a pic anyway..

i dont know whats slocks, i only know slinks..

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

internet-skygods that know better anyway. just proves my point. again, your voices are not the ones of reason.

I do not consider myself a “skygod”, far from it. But I am a guy who survived over 30 in the sport of skydiving. I did this by listening to those who had come before me and learning everything I could about gear. One thing I have learned over the year is an RSL will save your life with little or no down side. Ask your mentor to name one case where a RSL or Skyhook has killed someone.

i gave my reasons,

No you gave someone eles's reasons. Do the research and come up with your own decision before you blindly discard proven safety devices. Stating they are only for retards that can’t master their EP’s is the panicle of arrogance.

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

believe me, i dont want to die in the sport either..

if you look further up in this thread, i was talking about fearing horseshoes or ending up in some planes prop. i also stated that at the time when this has being said what i repeated, or what stuck to me in a simplified version, maybe a little to blindish, i had to absorb enough information and just repeated what stuck to me. that was the thing what stuck to you as well, retards that cant master their EP's.. comes over a little too harsh, i'm sure.
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

I culled the PAs and re-opened the thread because there is some useful conversation in here despite the rants and raves.

All: PAs are not permitted in the forums. To the individual I have told this more than once I gave a short break from posting here. To the individual I am telling this for the first time, I give a warning. If you can't have a conversation with opposing views without resorting to PAs then take it to PMs (and no, Moderators can't read your PMs).

V-B: I would provide some input to this thread to answer your original question and the follow-ups, but I am weary from having to wade through 80 posts, 60% of which is noise that has nothing to do with the original question. I echo those who have said you are missing out on some great input because of your attitude. I try and give sound advice here, most of which I can back up with hard copy references or practical examples other than my own experience. I'm not even going to bother in this thread because quite frankly I am tired of it after spending so much time cleaning it up.

The thread is unlocked and will continue unless it degenerates until another mess.
Arrive Safely

John

V-B: I would provide some input to this thread to answer your original question and the follow-ups, but I am weary from having to wade through 80 posts, 60% of which is noise that has nothing to do with the original question. I echo those who have said you are missing out on some great input because of your attitude. I try and give sound advice here, most of which I can back up with hard copy references or practical examples other than my own experience. I'm not even going to bother in this thread because quite frankly I am tired of it after spending so much time cleaning it up.

i easily understand that. there is some great stuff there, and i do appreciate any good input.

thanks for calling the callers..
-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

i dont understand this..

Mach' mal Pause .....

:S

wollte ich grad sagen, ich lehn mich mal zurück und geh in mich. dann "permission denied"!

Because the attitude and attacks got out of hand. When one post is deleted because of that, every post that answered it gets deleted too.

Example: If a mod deleted your "i don't understand this" post that is quoted above, both Christel and my replies would be deleted with it.

FYI: Posts in the 'Recycle Bin' can't be accessed anymore.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706

What i posted wasnt a PA. It was simply an observation. I felt that Virgin was running his mouth and i pointed out that i hoped nobody at his dz reads this board. Its funny how someone like me who might try to gain knowledge from this board has a hard time doing so due to someone posting 4 replies in a row to their own statements and then rambles off into a completely different direction by the end of his reply.

VB = Troll

Is that a PA?

My comment was to the mod that removed my post.

No hard feelings either way, its just hard having to sift through 200 posts to read 3 replies that are relevant to the thread.....
Plus the combative attitude is just annoying to read and reminds me of that loud obnoxious drunk guy at the bar that everyone is trying to avoid.

well, reading through this thread again, and having it discussed with my skygod-mentor, and having had an incident in this coutry in february.. the jumper in question had a mal with her main, cutaway, her RSL or skyhook or whatever, allowed for an unstable reserve-deployment that ended up in her being put into coma.

according to my mentor, incidents due to unstable reserve-deployments have gone up since introduction of those systems. :S

safety-day taught, cutaway, fall stable, deploy reserve. of course that only works if you have enough altitude left!

look, grab, grab, pull, pull!

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

hey virgin,

it's great to use more than one source of reference to formulate an opinion. The DEBATE over pro/con RSL/skyhook is old. But it's only a debate when you bring YOUR opinion to the table. Being an instructors puppet is no way to go through life. Grow some nuts and have YOUR OWN OPINION based on factS (notice - PLURAL).

why do you say grow balls, why do you say instructors puppet!? why being an unfriendly [insert random PA here]!?

tell you what, better having no balls and being an instructors puppet than what you are in my eyes. if you're unable for having a discussion, stay the fuck out! :|

-Hunter S. Thompson
-Yoda

Because all you're doing is regurtitating what your instructor said, regardless of any other info you've gotten in the thread.

Giving weight to what your instructor tells you isn't a bad thing, overall... but that doesn't mean that s/he's always right. You've got your instructor telling you one thing, and a dozen or more people telling you something else...that right there *should* tell you something.
Mike
I love you, Shannon and Jim.
POPS 9708 , SCR 14706