base281

Despiritely seeking Jim Hooper

Greetings, dear friends!

Below are snippets from a note I received from an old friend and skydiver Kim Adams. I first met Kim when I was a static line student in the early '80's back at the Herd. She was a style and accuracy queen, and she married CReW dog Terry O'Mally who you also will remember as a competitor and record holder. I'm forwarding this note on for Kim in hopes that the names might jar someone's memory and provide Kim with the connection to Jim Hooper that she is seeking. You are on this particular list because I'm hoping that you have memories of Z-Hills in the early years (prior to George & Betty). If you have any information that might help her reach Jim, please call the phone number listed below. Please forward this message appropriately. Thanks so much for your time and thoughtfulness.

Blue Skies,
j & F

>>~~~~~~~~~> Begin Included Message ------------------>

-----Original Message-----

Hi, Happy 4th!

I have been trying to contact Jim Hooper because Joe Faulk, who is dying, asked me to. Could you disperse some kind of message to your mailing list or do you have a current contact bit for him. I have used a lot of bad emails and such. Even USPA, The Mighty, has been stymied. Any help is appreciated. I have copied my last attempt below.

Hoop is the once upon a time owner of Z’Hills, an early Sky God. He is in the current Parachutist which is what prompted me to start looking again… that, and Joe calling to say time was short. I have had Terry call Walt, Sylvia and Mike Schultz in the past few days. Joe is holding on. He is so tough. I spoke to his caregiver this morning, the wife of another late Old Timer. Joe is really tough and may last until Friday.

Thanks very much.

Love,

Kim

>>~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~>

Dear Hoop,

I hope I have finally found you even though it is not such good news. Joe Faulk asked me to find you. He is dying and may not last until Tuesday according to the Hospice nurse. He has Jimmy Davis, Grady and Lee Cooper down in Florida with him. I don’t know why he was so specific about my finding you. I don’t think he is able to respond to much any more but it would do him good to hear you called. What some people are doing is calling and just speaking to him when the message period starts. He can hear and the phone is on speaker…. Or Jimmy or Lee may answer since they are there around the clock now and can relay messages to him.

In any case, please get in touch with me or him.
Kim: 609 395 1442 Joe: 727 954 5444

Kim Adams

I just want to send a heartfelt THANK YOU to all of you who so graciously and quickly came forward to Kim's aid. Jim has contacted her, and is now in contact with Joe.

It never ceases to amaze me what an incredible community we have here. A skydiver in need is responded to immediately. We are moved to tears with gratitude.

Blue Skies!
jkl