Tuna-Salad

Shorts?

Wow! I'm glad I dont jump at your DZ. Cycling shorts and rash gaurds? Once again......Wow! thats gay! Do other jumpers at your DZ jump with blindfolds?
I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll burn your fucking packing tent down.

Wow! I'm glad I dont jump at your DZ. Cycling shorts and rash gaurds? Once again......Wow! thats gay! Do other jumpers at your DZ jump with blindfolds?

WOW!! Your cool!! So he wears cycling shorts, WTF is wrong with that??? Why would you not want to jump at his DZ???? You scared it is a bunch of gays???? Your comments are very ignorant!!!! Fact check that if you want to. How ignorant do you have to be to think that people jump wearing blindfolds just becuase he wears protective gear of his choosing????? Full disclosure i am not gay and dont give a shit what you or anyone else thinks. I just dont like ignorant comments!!!! I am sure you impressed you skygod friends thought:S:S:S You are so cool!:S:S:S
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

WOW!! Your cool!! So he wears cycling shorts, WTF is wrong with that??? Why would you not want to jump at his DZ???? You scared it is a bunch of gays???? Your comments are very ignorant!!!! Fact check that if you want to. How ignorant do you have to be to think that people jump wearing blindfolds just becuase he wears protective gear of his choosing????? Full disclosure i am not gay and dont give a shit what you or anyone else thinks. I just dont like ignorant comments!!!! I am sure you impressed you skygod friends thought:S:S:S You are so cool!:S:S:S

Now this shit is just plain priceless!:D:D:D Gay cycling shorts... Over sensitive closet cases... Trying hard not to pee my pants...:D:D:D Damn those skygods who won't accept my gayness! Funny! :)
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

Now this shit is just plain priceless!:D:D:D Gay cycling shorts... Over sensitive closet cases... Trying hard not to pee my pants...:D:D:D Damn those skygods who won't accept my gayness! Funny! :)

Maybe everyone should just wear dresses:D:D That way people could not tell the gays from the skygods LMAO

I've always liked it when jumping with the ladies who wear shorts with a t-shirt...free in-flight flashings when the t-shirt comes up!

I LOVE jumping with no suit on...just make sure the shirt is tucked as much as possible and inside the leg straps on the front...wouldn't want to lose handles there. It also hurts like a mofo when it comes untucked in the back and slapps you all the way to deployment.

It's not just the shirt coming up and the belt, you also need to be careful with things like pocket linings that can come all the way out of your pocket and cover your hackey - I think there's a story on here somewhere involving skymonkey1 or some other very experienced jumper who had some troubles with that.

JTVal's Horshoe Mal

Gee, i wonder why all the old timers are wearing a jumpsuit on a hot day? Hey it's windy now. Why are only the new guys jumping? Shoot, why did that experienced guy die? I thought he knew everything.

Again, wow. I don't think the data is available, but maybe for the future we should ask USPA to publish in their fatality reports whether or not the jumper was wearing a jumpsuit. I'm sure that it would reveal that the REAL cause of death in all incidents was a lack of a jumpsuit. None of this canopy collision or low hook non sense. A jumpsuit would have prevented these. I hear they also prevent heart attacks in freefall too. :S

Haven't their been a bunch of BASE fatalities too because those crazy bastards won't wear jumpsuits? :S

I think I'll drive down to the beach and warn the beach goers, surfers, and boogie boarders alike not to make contact with the water without a wet/dry suit. That would be fatal.
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

A jumpsuit prevents most of the problems listed here from happening. So does going bowling.

I don't want to go bowling.

The kid has 50 jumps. I think he should be able to think for himself but he needs to learn why people fuck up in this sport. You need to teach him.

Haven't their been a bunch of BASE fatalities too because those crazy bastards won't wear jumpsuits?

No, but aren't they they also the ones using body armor? Far cry from shorts. ;)

I agree with you this thread has gotten a bit alarmist. But hey, it's DZ.com it wouldn't be the same if we didn't have the extremes duking it out in cyberspace because everyone's stuck in front of a computer unable to get any airtime.

To the original poster - shorts can be fun to jump in, but my caution would be to be aware of the landing area and what a good PLF would do to your skin in that landing area. I once got a nice road rash covering my entire calf from a PLF in a scrubby landing area. It hurts less if your landing area is soft, manicured grass. The consequences can be worse if you need to land off and can't stand up your landing. Even on the hottest days I prefer to at least wear my freefly pants and a tank top (I don't even really freefly much, but one of the reasons I bought the pants is so I can have something to throw on for goofy jumps or hop & pops. That and I had a 50% off certificate. :D)
"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

It's not just the shirt coming up and the belt, you also need to be careful with things like pocket linings that can come all the way out of your pocket and cover your hackey - I think there's a story on here somewhere involving skymonkey1 or some other very experienced jumper who had some troubles with that.

JTVal's Horshoe Mal

From Sangiro:

The right clothes for the jump

Hey brainiac......I was just joking around. Did you seriously think I was being for real? Talk about ignorant.
My comments are light hearted and far from ignorant. Just because you are too tightly wound (or too dumb) to get them doesnt make them ignorant.

Also, I dont think cycling shorts would be considered protective gear,............. unless you are refering to birth control.:P

Too clear things up, I'll answer your question. "Am i really ignorant enough to think that others would jump with bindfolds?" ........Well no I dont. Its called a joke. Of course I dont expect you to understand because apparently your brain has been blindfolded.

I'll huff and I'll puff and I'll burn your fucking packing tent down.

Some workout clothes have strings that are used to tighten the waist, that string can snag on the hackey and cause a hard pull. Also be careful so that clothes can't cover your emergency handles, as someone already mentioned.

I prefer one of my jumpsuits when freefalling, but wear "normal" clothes for hop&pops. I like the booties on my FS suit, and I like the way my Freefly suit feels in the air.

And if you're a student, you should definetely listen to your instructors.

But shorts are worn a lot by skydivers, also in the air.

;)

BTW black jumpsuits always look good. So even when you're sweating, you'll still look cool. Or you could come to Norway and jump, heat is no problem over here!

Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

I see that you jump in Z-hills. I've been there before and remember that there is shade where the buildings are and also at the loading area. If you're smart and stand in the shade when you gear up, I don't see how the black on your jumpsuit would cause you that many problems. If you plan your landings right, your walk from the landing area shouldn't be more than a minute, which isn't that bad. You take it off between jumps, right?

It's FL in the summer. You're going to be hot, even if you jump naked.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

JTVal's Horshoe Mal

From Sangiro:

The right clothes for the jump

Actually neither of those is the story i meant, but i guess it's a more common problem than i thought :S

ciel bleu,
Saskia

Completely naked boogie down in FL next year? Anybody wanna help me set it up? ;)

I don't care who you are- naked bodies just don't look good in freefall! :D

Completely naked boogie down in FL next year? Anybody wanna help me set it up? ;)

I don't care who you are- naked bodies just don't look good in freefall! :D

lol, point taken. It'd look damn funny though. Plus, anything to get to see naked chicks. :P:$

Hey brainiac......I was just joking around. Did you seriously think I was being for real? Talk about ignorant.
My comments are light hearted and far from ignorant. Just because you are too tightly wound (or too dumb) to get them doesnt make them ignorant.

Also, I dont think cycling shorts would be considered protective gear,............. unless you are refering to birth control.:P

Too clear things up, I'll answer your question. "Am i really ignorant enough to think that others would jump with bindfolds?" ........Well no I dont. Its called a joke. Of course I dont expect you to understand because apparently your brain has been blindfolded.

Hey smart one, if you would have put a funny face with you ignorant comment (like this;):PB|:D). Then every one would have known that it means, Ignorant comment that is suposed to be funny. We would have not believed that you were just making an ignorant comment.
Nothing opens like a Deere!

You ignorant fool! Checks are for workers!

I have jumped my last 25 jumps in shorts and a shirt and i love the feeling but you do lose quite a bit of control in the air. It is an incredible feeling but i only do it if i am doing solos or 2 ways with arm lock docks.. If you are going to do it secure your shit man.. that is no joke. i forgot to tuck in on 1 jump and had a friend of mine doing video... i did a flip and up comes the shirt, right over my emergency handles. I was able to tuck it in before deployment but it could have been ugly if something had gone wrong. If your gonna do it at least wear a long sleeve shirt for more control. I will personally be jumping my suit once i buy one, but for now im too big for the suits available to me and i like being comfortable.. Its all your choice, just make it right.