vanman2

Skydiving Traditions

Hey everyone,
New to the sport, just completed my 25 jumps for my A license. I recently stumbled across a website which briefly talked about different skydiving traditions. What are the actual traditions that are followed. 1st jump, 100th jump etc. Also, are the instructors and coaches part of the tradition?
Paul Hardin....RIP.

One of if not the oldest skydiving traditions.

scr-awards.com

Speaking of which, Jay where's my SCR & SCS numbers?>:(;):P

DOOH! LOL I just back to Texas yesterday from Chester (took the long way home). I talked to Bill Newell (he runs the program) on my way in and they are in the works, I do apologize but I found it more difficult to handle that stuff while on the road. To be honest I didnt know I was going to be the one handling it, it was tossed on me after the event.
But all is well and you should be getting some stuff very soon.

Thanks
J:)
Edited: Note to self, delegate the SCR stuff next year:)

Hey everyone,
New to the sport, just completed my 25 jumps for my A license. I recently stumbled across a website which briefly talked about different skydiving traditions. What are the actual traditions that are followed. 1st jump, 100th jump etc. Also, are the instructors and coaches part of the tradition?

One of the biggest and most important tradition, is everyone, likes to wear a rig when jumping. Were a superstition bunch.
Blue SkiEs
Ray

Ray
Small and fast what every girl dreams of!

Just never be hesitant or afraid to admit to a first.
Sometimes I get the feeling that some jumper is experiencing a first and not owning up to it even when ask. Probably because some knuckle head told them never admit to a first or you'll owe beer.
First of all beer is never really required unless you want to, it's just tradition once your off student status. But mostly, you never should pass up the opportunity to celebrate a first with your friends and the jumpers around you. Even if it's just a hand shack congratulations or welcome, glad your here. It's always meant a lot to me so don't let the good times pass you by keeping a first to yourself.

T

To be honest I didnt know I was going to be the one handling it, it was tossed on me after the event.
But all is well and you should be getting some stuff very soon.

Edited: Note to self, delegate the SCR stuff next year:)

Did you think I wouldn't see this post?
:D:D
I call, loudly, BULLSHIT!!!!!!!

YOU said put it in an envelope and give it to you. All you had to say was, "Andy, here's the cash for the checks. Take care of it." And you could have said that either at Chester OR at the Farm, dork.

Writing the big check, addressing the envelope, putting stamps on it and dropping it off at the post office would have been simple.

Herding cats for the jumps, herding cats for the forms, and herding cats for the money was the hard part.
:D:D
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Oh now Andy, did someone threaten to move your trailer and set you off?;)

None of that was directed to you specifically. It was a situation where "now what?" came into play. So I stepped up and took it. To be honest maybe I should have stated: I forgot that I would have to mail the forms and funds prior to the event, thus the situation was like a curve ball, so to speak.

Besides, If I remember right you seemed pretty beat up and tired come the end of it, as well as the rest of us.

But I am curious, how/why am I to give cash to replace checks that are made out to a different company? How am I to recover the funds? Besides I was more concerned of making sure the funds for that large UPT check I wrote for the auction rigs was covered.:S

I was 600 miles from the closest branch of the SF bank, and I didnt locate the check book again until late into the second Farm visit.:S

But I am home now and the forms and check are sitting in the mail box.

I will know better next time, now go and drag an AFF out the door so they can learn about our traditions:P