jkbernstein

Ohio State (Women's) Record

Yesterday (Saturday, July 12th) a new Ohio State FS Record was set at Start Skydiving in Lebanon, OH. The all-female jump was a 20-way, with a 4-way base and 4 zippers. It was a two-plane formation, with 12 jumpers in the lead Caravan and 8 in the trail plane, also a Caravan. The ladies nailed the jump on the second attempt; it was truly beautiful skydive. (Pics to be posted soon.)

The participants were:

Jessica Bernstein
Leah Connell
Tristan Donley
Tara Durant
Joan Esson (coordinator of the event)
Amy Filion
Tracy Gaboury
Kathy Grix-Allen
Katie Groschwitz
Misty Harmon
Robin Heider
Carolyn Johnson
Linda Lohmiller
Tina Richards
Sara Robinson
Amy Romig
Kristi Snow
Shannon Sweeney
Beth Toman
Carol Wilkinson

John Woody did an outstanding job of organizing. (Woody, we love you!) Thanks to Bruce Schemmel and Jerry MacDonald for flying. Chicks rock!
May the (relative) wind take your troubles away...

Yay for us!!

I've posted a picture of the formation close to building but not complete (missing one grip), as those photos are being sent into parachutist, and therefore cannot be published elsewhere B| Also a ground shots of all the girls. Photo credit goes to Eric Boerger.
:)

*daizey*

And a HUGE thank you to Eric and to Mike Ashley, who generously offered their videography services for free. Guys, you're awesome.:)

There'd have been 4 videographers there working for free if travis and I had had any say in the matter... :P

by the way congrats girls!!! B|
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...

Congratulations to all of you, Jesse! By the way, Carolyn Johnson jumped with me on the 81-way POPS record too.

I guess it was a DZ record too, right?

Bluesies! B|B|
Ed

as well as an official Ohio record... (seems there isn't an official one on the books at the USPA... official one on the books...) sigh... one of these days we need to do something about that... as always I'm happy to do video!!! :)
Livin' on the Edge... sleeping with my rigger's wife...