bfilarsky

Low pull chicken?!!

best thing to do is pull first,, wait till he pulls, then chop and go right by him while yelling i win !!!

I'm hoping your making this remark in jest. Don't ever cut away a good canopy, unless you have a chest mount reserve. (3 canopies)
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

for all of you who ask what i'm pulling at,

when i say im thinking about not pulling..

well..that's partially a joke..

and in response to the 5 way..

its all good

i had stuff to work on anyways (stuff to practice by myself so no one could see how much of a geek i am)

and i have a forum to ask instructors questions...

and i also mon-thurs

sorry if i scared the invitation out of you!

Nope, I'll go up for a low pull contest with you, BUT were going to go all out and go old school and use gutter gear and all mains packed in sleeves, no AAD's, No Helmets & pencil packed warts that haven't been repack for 5 years and we're getting out @ 3.5........

You ready to go?

Old school:
shot 'n a half capewells, no pilot chute in the reserve
and then only if we can turn points down to 2000, face off and see who pulls first :D:D
Give one city to the thugs so they can all live together. I vote for Chicago where they have strict gun laws.

>>I'm hoping your making this remark in jest. Don't ever cut away a good canopy, unless you have a chest mount reserve. (3 canopies)
Never heard of fun-aways? ;)

NickD :)

25 years ago I jumped with a old school club member that always chopped his main at repack time.

His opinion was...I'm betting my life on it every other jump, why not.

Yes...'back when men were men, and they made there OWN graves on the way in" ;)

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

Nope, I'll go up for a low pull contest with you, BUT were going to go all out and go old school and use gutter gear and all mains packed in sleeves, no AAD's, No Helmets & pencil packed warts that haven't been repack for 5 years and we're getting out @ 3.5........

You ready to go?

Old school: shot 'n a half capewells, no pilot chute in the reserve and then only if we can turn points down to 2000, face off and see who pulls first

C'mon guys, this is nonsense. Both of you have been in this sport long enough to put ideas in other's, whom may not know any better. You may unwittingly cause someone else into pulling this nonsensacal BS. How would that sit with you? Cut it out. If it's a pissing contest ya want, have it some where else.
-Richard-
"You're Holding The Rope And I'm Taking The Fall"

Hell I don't think it's a pissing contest.... I think it is just plain good old history. I mean if people are going to intentionally chop... hum it down below a grand, or go for low pull contests.... they get what they deserve. You can't save people from themselves.......
Jay Epstein Ramirez
www.adrenalineexploits.com

You might...... most normal people question lunatic antics performed via the internet.
Having said that..... I probably have 50-100 sub 1000 ft openings from an airplane...... have cut away a perfectly good canopy to unpack my reserve(Sorceror packed slider off reserve) .......and played chicken with friends ..... all of course in southern countries that allow such antics. To each his own...... if you wanna go bang some hooker without a raincoat..... who am I to tell you it's raining cats and dogs??? Who are you to tell me anything????
Jay Epstein Ramirez
www.adrenalineexploits.com

> My Spectre takes about a 1000ft. . . .

Geez! Get that thing fixed before it kills ya!

Or figure out how long it ACTUALLY takes to open.

If it takes 1000 feet to open consistently, simply move your pull-out altitude level higher to compensate so you're in the saddle where you want to be! Say pull at 3000. My triathlon takes 500 feet most of the time so I pull at 2500. I used to pitch my pc at 2000 feet on the dot every jump. After a couple of cypres fires from long snivels or accidentally going low, not anymore. :$

Now for hard core low jumps, how about a 7 way chunked from a King Air right at 2100 feet just barely under a full cloud layer. They pull it off cleanly and turn a point before breaking off. Some of the shortest tracks I've seen and nobody collided! :o:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

probably need a T-10 now. I'll go

Well your welcome to use mine, a mint 1962 switlik ready for free fall in a sleeve and it only has three jumps on it. Now my fat ass plans on using my jumbo 74 PC.;)

See how you are, there you go stiring up the young ones again with all this foolish talk.:P
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Yes...'back when men were men, and they made there OWN graves on the way in"

Back when the backhoe on the DZ really wasn't there to "grade the runway"? ;)

and ya had to walk uphill both directions to board the plane and get back drom the LZ. With no shoes... in the snow... and you were grateful for the chance?
Owned by Remi #?

ya had to walk uphill both directions to board the plane

You had a plane? We had to bum rides from passing seagulls!

/Sorry, not really an old timer but... I just couldn't help myself.

In Airtwardo's case, he had to bum rides from passing Pterodactyls!

:D
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

no you guys are all good.. i understood it all quite clearly..

maybe we can all play a game, who can get out of their rig completely and then get back in, during freefall..

thats a joke too.

bring on the flames, fire retardant ready

I would love to jump with you. The only problem is I do not have any gear. The only solution I can come up with is for us to share your rig. How about I use the main and you use the reserveB|. I am sure the DZ will let me use one of the tandem harness' so I just need to tape the main to it. I am going to need some strong tape because I want to be safe and all. :ph34r::P:)

Just so everyone knows, THIS IS NOT A JOKE! I am a pro! I......... Have an A lic. So back up bitches. LMAO

To hell with the parachute, pull a Travis Pastrana. B|:P

I am just going to use a king size "fitted" sheet. I have some string for my daughters kite that should do the trick.

I do not understand why people spend so much money on gear?! There are so many other inexpensive options. I plan on using a battery operated fan to aid in the deployment of my sheet, plus I can use a pillow case as a PC B|B|

I bet with this setup, I will get all the ladies B|:P

Hi Strat!!!!!,
'Just love it!!!!! That wasn't a "Low Pull Contest" that was standard operating proceedure!! Well almost!! B-4's, "Sleeves," No AAD's!! still got a MAR 1943 "Fashion Frocks" 24' Twill Chest reserve!! Too much fun!! ....And we're getting out at 3.5K .. cool, a 3-man from 3.5 outa the Cessna 180, hell, one low celing day at Otay back when, we had an impromptu 3-man scrambles from 3.5, Lots of fun!!!!!!
PS, Did some diggin' the 3-man (impromptu) scrambles at Otay was not from 3.5 but 5.5K, (SAT) my jump log# 423 12NOV72 Otay 5500' Cessna172, me, Woody Woodhouse and Joe Leeth. As I recall Don Whildin talked it up as a bunch of us were there to jump but the scud was in. However< there were other 3-man from 3.5 attempts that I recall most involving a lot of yelling and screaming from those involved and the ASO!!!!! Get my drift?? One at Old Elsinore comes to mind when the SantaAna's blew in one day and everybody went to the Rumbleseat to drink em' down. Magpie flunked a Pope demo and had to hang a pitcher. Later back at the DZ when the winds went down everybody scrambled to get on any plane they coulld to get in the air!! I ended up in the Cessna 180 with Stanley and Magpie. We tried the 3 man but Magpie went sailing by me and Stan.....down to 450'!!! He got good and grounded!! Time sure flys when yer' havin' fun!!!!
SCR-2034, SCS-680

III%,
Deli-out