bfilarsky

Low pull chicken?!!

Someone asked me out at the DZ the other day if I wanted to play a game of low-pull chicken. WTF?!! That's got to be the dumbest thing I've ever heard!!! The guy seemed dead serious - maybe he just wasn't good at conveying sarcasm. Anyone ever heard of such a thing?

best thing to do is pull first,, wait till he pulls, then chop and go right by him while yelling i win !!! and hope he does not do the same, if you think he will, then get a belly wart and do it a second time, going to need some special rigging here.. oh yeah you can read that in the scary stories from the old days thread... it is money,, if you really get to enjoy pulling low,, take up base jumping

woohooo
dont let life pass you by

NO ONE CAN TAKE A JOKE..or its ok when they do it, but not ok when others do it..

IT WAS A JOKE BRIAN..and in case you forgot
you DID acknowledge it was a joke and that you understood it was a joke, by first asking if i was kidding and when i said yes you said thought so..

SORRY I WASN'T PUNCTUAL ENOUGH. I'M GOOD WITH JOKES, or i get too into them, AS MY LIFE IS A BIG ONE (joke)

this should be an interesting dz-acquaintance..

probably will be too afraid to jump near me..

i recall you asked me if i wanted to jump with you and then took back your offer..

sorry if i scared the invitation out of you!

oh and john..that idiot is me.

it will be my pleasure to hear what other nice things you have to say once you give "that idiot" a chance

wasn't quite sure man.... there wasn't really any sarcasm in your voice. I was hoping you were joking! :P

btw the only reason you couldn't jump with us was cuz they already had a 5-way of low jump number newbs going - we didn't want to add any more low jump number bodies to the mix.

I'll jump w/ you next time I see you out there..... I'll just pull before you B|

no you guys are all good.. i understood it all quite clearly..

maybe we can all play a game, who can get out of their rig completely and then get back in, during freefall..

thats a joke too.

bring on the flames, fire retardant ready

sorry if i scared the invitation out of you!

Nope, I'll go up for a low pull contest with you, BUT were going to go all out and go old school and use gutter gear and all mains packed in sleeves, no AAD's, No Helmets & pencil packed warts that haven't been repack for 5 years and we're getting out @ 3.5........

You ready to go?

Pussy!:P
you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

I'm thinking about this thread and the Skyhook-Cutaway thread and hoping [someday] will find an instructor or get a mentor and ask a lot of questions. And do so quickly.

Skydiving is not forgiving of mistakes, carelessness, ignorance, stupidity or recklessness. The cascade effect builds quickly, [someday]. Please get some good, solid advice. Poynter is a great place to start.

(edited to add clicky)
"Even in a world where perfection is unattainable, there's still a difference between excellence and mediocrity." Gary73

wasn't quite sure man.... there wasn't really any sarcasm in your voice. I was hoping you were joking! :P

btw the only reason you couldn't jump with us was cuz they already had a 5-way of low jump number newbs going - we didn't want to add any more low jump number bodies to the mix.

I'll jump w/ you next time I see you out there..... I'll just pull before you B|

Hm what's the problem? There's always enough time to do a nice 2-way after the 5-way broke;)

? A guy with 54 jumps won't take a guy with nearly double that number because "he's a newbie?"

With newbies we'd win pulling at 2000';) If some of these guys were jumping when normal altitude was 7500' they'd only be getting 2000' worth of freefall.:S The look on some newbies faces is priceless when I say lets get out at 2000'.:PB|

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

? A guy with 54 jumps won't take a guy with nearly double that number because "he's a newbie?"

Not because "he's a newbie," but because we are all newbies and 5 newbies in the sky together was about all that any of use were willing to mess with. Didn't want to make it a 6 way of newbies.

Ask anyone who was @ the 04 Richmond boogie just how low (names removed) two guy's on the all round load got opened. However we, I mean they cheated and used wonderhogs with boc's and pod packed MK-1's.;):S:):$

Heard a few people talking about counting fingers and others starting to looking away. Let's just say two out of 10 were on the ground a good 5 mins before the rest landed, even Carbone!:o;)

you can't pay for kids schoolin' with love of skydiving! ~ Airtwardo

Ask anyone who was @ the 04 Richmond boogie just how low (names removed) two guy's on the all round load got opened. However we, I mean they cheated and used wonderhogs with boc's and pod packed MK-1's.;):S:):$

Heard a few people talking about counting fingers and others starting to looking away. Let's just say two out of 10 were on the ground a good 5 mins before the rest landed, even Carbone!:o;)

was that a pussy-game!?

:o

:)

:D:D:D
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

Thats not a canopy, that's a streamer that any self-respecting old timer would cutaway.

In fact, I had one of the first spetre demo's. Exiting from 2000' I heard flatline on my time out twice.:S

:D:D:D:D

I recently did a demo with a guy jumping a 230 spectre, I followed him out and did a good 15-20 second delay...I'm pulling on him.

He throws, I give it two heartbeats and I throw...I'm under my Z-Po 190, Banner is clipped on, thrown out, unstowed & flyin', brakes off, slider stowed....HE'S STILL OPENING! :SB|

Had to spin for 2 grand to catch up...AGAIN. :ph34r:

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~