potatoman

How long to 100,250,1000 jumps?

This thread just to find out how quick or how slow you got to these jump numbers....

Myself, +-100jumps over 14years. (okay, had some other stuff to do with my time, where time=money)

Just to find out how quick you can do it in, or how slow, try and beat me for being slow!!!!
You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.

I think I hit 100 in about 6 months, I had 250 in just over a year, and 500 and just over two years.

I have been slowing down recently, not as single as I was, and not as spend happy as I once was. I still love every minute of it though.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

0-100 5 months
101-250 6-7 months
I should be able to go from FJC to D license in 2 years and 3 months. Not bad for a non-working-weekend-warrior skydiver.

I have willingly given up a lot to start at that pace and continue, but I have also been rewarded with so much.

2 years to get through the S/L progression to my A license. 1 year to go from 20 jumps to my D license. Tack on another 350 jumps the next year. It's been all downhill since. [:/]

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

You should also take into account where people are jumping. Jump numbers can be little different if your jumping all year round in Cali or only April-Oct here in CT. Of course if you are a true bad ass you will jump in the 20 degree weather B|

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke

You should also take into account where people are jumping. Jump numbers can be little different if your jumping all year round in Cali or only April-Oct here in CT. Of course if you are a true bad ass you will jump in the 20 degree weather B|

Providing the dz is open.
Muff #5048

Yeah but its hard to jump when there are not all the bikini clad women at the drop zone in winter, gotta wear gloves and a turtleneck,....we got it rough in Socal. Just kidding of course, I hear reports in winter of people jumping below zero etc...brrrrr.

1 - 25 - 10 years
26 - 68 - 2 years
69 - 164 - 3 months

Took me a while to warm up to the sport...:-)

1-25=18 days
26-100=88 days
100-1000 (really 996 as of today)=26 months
Early winter/late spring this year didn't help.[:/]

I prolly need to cool down a bit.

1-25=18 days
26-100=88 days
100-1000 (really 996 as of today)=26 months

Holy shit DSE! We've got a guy at our DZ like you, he just hit 900 in a little over 2 years in the sport I think. He goes by the nickname 'jumpsalot', but I tease him that if you say that fast, it sounds just like 'jumpslut'. :P

If I time things just right, I can make my 1000th on the 30th anniversary of my 1st.:S

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."

Took me about 5 years to hit 100 and another 5 to hit 1400.

Dave

Sounds like I'm right on schedule to follow you on that one (1.5 years to get 33).

- David
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

100 in 5 months
250 in 16 months
500 in 2.5 year
885 in 5.5 years

the last 2 years i have spent my jump money traveling and rebuilding Motorbikes
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Sport jumpers seem to do 150 a year. 250 if they have no other hobbies.

that seems right on for me
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?