danny2485

is it ok..time between jumps

I did mine with 2 - 3 weeks between each stage and I passed all stages first go.

It definitely is a lot harder... mentally, but it's entirely possible.

IMO, save up for the first few stages before you start... but if the other alternative is waiting 8 - 9 months to save up the entire course... just go for it.

Have you jumped before (besides tandem)? If not I say sign up for your AFF1 today and get hooked... THEN deal with the money side of things :)

Even if you decide to save up or do it spaced out... do your AFF1 now, even if your AFF2 is going to be a month away.

Meet your instructors, do your first jump course training and start your journey... it's the largest part.

THEN worry about your finances, if anything you will have much more motivation.

If I were you, I would take the month off work and fly up to Skydive Wissota. Including the air fare, it will cost around 1000 to get your A license. The staff are all world teamer, AFFIs or 4-way competitors, most of your jumps will be videoed for free.

Of coarse you can always find a small DZ that is a lot less expensive in your local. Then after you get your A you can go and jump the big planes. It would be much more productive to complete the training in short order. stretching the time out will likely result in additional jumps and more expense. Good luck.
HPDBs, I hate those guys.
AFB, charter member.