labrys

Aerodyne Demo Difficulties

A couple of years ago when I was looking to buy new gear I contacted Aerodyne and requested a Pilot demo. I didn't get any response from them so I followed up a few weeks later with another request. I finally got a response along with an apology for the delay and a promise to send the demo.

A few weeks later, having heard nothing (and after I had given up and bought a Sabre2) I emailed again and got another apology and promise to send the demo. I told them not to bother at that point.

So, a few weeks ago I contacted Aerodyne again to ask about getting a Triathlon to demo for CRW.

As of today, they haven't responded. I hear that the PD Storm might make a good CRW canopy. Doesn't Aerodyne want to sell canopies?
Owned by Remi #?

Yeah man, I can't say that I sympathize with you. Ask to speak with Karl at Aerodyne. I've ordered some 6+ reserve canopies from him as well as lots of little parts, and he's always taken care of me. I agree with the other poster, just call them.

:)

=========Shaun ==========

Well, Jim... it's a very small thing, I'll admit, but calling them costs money. They offer a path to request a demo on their web site that does not cost money (at least so far as initial contact goes. I know there is usually a fee for the demo itself).

If I owned an Aerodyne product and needed support, I wouldn't hesitate to call if they didn't answer emails. AT the same time, I would expect that if a company offers a method of contact that they would respond to that method of contact.

Small things contribute to the ultimate decision many people make about what products they are going to buy from whom. That point was my reason for posting this.
Owned by Remi #?

Well, Jim... it's a very small thing, I'll admit, but calling them costs money. .

awwwww make the call. I'll loan you the price of the call. SHEESH !

bozo
Pain is fleeting. Glory lasts forever. Chicks dig scars.

I have allways had great customer experinces with Aerodyne. It is unfortunate, but your email probably just fell through the cracks; but your experince is definetly not the norm. I love flying their gear, the price is right, and they have allways done right by me, even on second hand gear.

Les and Cookie with the demo tour normally have all of the canopies for demos; I know that they don't have any triathlons with them or I would have called them directly for you.

Give Sandy in the office a call. I am sure if they have demo triathalons at the office she will be glad to set you up with one. :)

"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

Give Sandy in the office a call. I am sure if they have demo triathalons at the office she will be glad to set you up with one.

I emailed her recently, and she told me they had shifted the responsibilities if the demo program to their traveling road show folks. I'm sure she could put him in touch with the right people, but since I have that info, here it is...

Les Stachyra
Aerodyne US Demo tour
[email protected]

I just noticed the phone number is a digit short, but that's what Les has listed in his emails. :P

He has been good about getting back to me pretty quickly via email...

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."

I have allways had great customer experinces with Aerodyne. It is unfortunate, but your email probably just fell through the cracks; but your experince is definetly not the norm. I love flying their gear, the price is right, and they have allways done right by me, even on second hand gear.

Les and Cookie with the demo tour normally have all of the canopies for demos; I know that they don't have any triathlons with them or I would have called them directly for you.

Give Sandy in the office a call. I am sure if they have demo triathalons at the office she will be glad to set you up with one. :)

Does that mean there won't be any triathlons at summerfest?? Thats a bummer :|

borrow a friend's cell phone then.

Heck, I lend my phone to strangers on the street. Costs me nothing.

Not the point.

Point:

If Aerodyne can't respond to their own website provided canopy demo request form, then they need to remove the option.
Owned by Remi #?

There's a lot of companies in skydiving that don't seem to understand the importance of good customer service. Aerodyne seems to be one of them.

I have a lot of Aerodyne gear, some old, some less old - I've had quite a few interactions with them over the years. I've never had a really great experience with them. I've always gotten what I wanted at a fair price, but getting stuff done was like pulling teeth.

I've personally chosen to move on to other manufacturers. It's just not worth the hassle.

Skydiving gear is highly competitive, and there are plenty of companies that will give you a good product for a fair price without all the fuss.

_Am
__

You put the fun in "funnel" - craichead.

Kelly,
Sorry that you have had so much trouble getting a demo from Aerodyne. I will be more than happy to help you get a canopy that you are looking for. Our demo tour is out traveling the US and we will be visiting various drop-zones till the end of the year. You can check our calendar at www.flyaerodyne.com, and see where we are going next. All demo canopies are free of demo charge at tour visits.
We do not carry Triathlon canopies with us but if you get a hold of me I will arrange to have one shipped to you so you can try it out.
My contact info is:
Leszek Stachyra
Aerodyne US Tour
[email protected] or [email protected]
my cell is (860)933-7666
I am looking forward to be an assistance to you.
Thanks again for you interest in FLYING AERODYNE!
Leszek

the counterpoint is that if twice it didn't work and you still want something from them, time to use the phone.

I've given up expecting niche industries like skydiving, diving, motorcycle shops to be great on these matters. So many of them are enthusiasts rather than businessmen. Usually running a small business well means doing it at the expense of any free time.

It's a mixed blessing, but far more often you hear people complaining that 'business interests are taking over our sport.'

So basically what I'm gathering is that you attempted twice to contact Aerodyne via e-mail to get a demo for a possible canopy purchase (a Pilot). No response from Aerodyne, so he decided to get a Sabre2. If I am also correct, you stated that you did not attempt to CALL Aerodyne because it costs money to make a phone call? Seriously?

The part that is blowing my mind right now is that you bought a canopy that costs more than a Pilot, thus negating the money you saved by not calling Aerodyne.

So basically what I'm gathering is that you attempted twice to contact Aerodyne via e-mail to get a demo for a possible canopy purchase (a Pilot). No response from Aerodyne, so he decided to get a Sabre2. If I am also correct, you stated that you did not attempt to CALL Aerodyne because it costs money to make a phone call? Seriously?

The part that is blowing my mind right now is that you bought a canopy that costs more than a Pilot, thus negating the money you saved by not calling Aerodyne.

You're mixing the 2 things together. I didn't call about the Triathlon demo. I haven't purchased anything at all yet.

I was actually in contact with someone at Aerodyne about the Pilot and they failed to send it as promised. There was a Sabre2 at hand on my DZ that I was interested in buying but I thought I'd at least try the Pilot first. When they failed to actually send the Pilot, I went ahead and bought the Sabre2. Is that okay with you? :P
Owned by Remi #?

Does that mean there won't be any triathlons at summerfest?? Thats a bummer

Did you drop by to ask? They ended up shipping one out for me Friday and I jumped it a few times Saturday and once Sunday morning. I don't think anyone else even asked to jump it.

Thanks again for getting the canopy, Les. I really liked it.
Owned by Remi #?