divnswoop

UPSA BOD

(note this is not a play on any other title in Bonfire)

So, I would like skydivers opinions on how many yearly working hours they think that USPA BOD spends on USPA items. How much money/time do they spend on meetings and how much they get compensated?

I'm sure that we will all agree they get paid way too much and only have thier own motives in mind....and the rest of us willl stand up and take over to re-direct USPA in the right direction..

My lousy RD has not answered one question I have asked here. They have only taken my phone calls and emails......I hope I can get rid of them.

I'm sure that we will all agree they get paid way too much and only have thier own motives in mind...

It is a volunteer position. No one is paid for the time they invest.

the only compensation BOD members get are:
- airfare to/from BOD mtgs
- accommodations at BOD mtgs
- per diem of $35/day at each BOD meeting
- $120 for phone calls to members each year

- RD can also apply for up to $500 of expenses for travel to DZs in their region.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

It is a volunteer position. No one is paid for the time they invest.

the only compensation BOD members get are:
- airfare to/from BOD mtgs
- accommodations at BOD mtgs
- $120 for phone calls to members each year

- RD can also apply for up to $500 of expenses for travel to DZs in their region.

WHAT? I spend all these dues every year and they can't even answer my question on DZ.com? I am tired of these self serving BOD's. Time to take back USPA

And here I thought this was going to be about chicks with hot Bods in the USPA... man I am dissapointed.

You know if you really wanted information I am sure you can make a couple of phone calls to the appropriate people, and have you answer a lot faster than posting a question on DZ.com. You never know these people whom you are needlessly attacking may in fact be nice people, and fun to talk with
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

WHAT? I spend all these dues every year and they can't even answer my question on DZ.com? I am tired of these seld serving BOD's.

Well, vote for people that answer your questions.
DZ.com is not necessarily considered an 'official' communication line.

Make It Happen
Parachute History
DiveMaker

Wow..........maybe I should highlight the end of my post....

"They have only taken my phone calls and emails......"

Goes to show you the average skydiver has a 5 second attention span.

Sorry what were you saying:)
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Wow..........maybe I should highlight the end of my post....
"They have only taken my phone calls and emails......"
Goes to show you the average skydiver has a 5 second attention span.

Oh you poor neglected soul! They ONLY Addressed your question(s) in more personal & direct human forms! :S
The Bastards! >:(
How...how...humane of them!
I for one am truly appauld & disgusted!
Ok where's the 'firing squad' or the 'lynch mob' when you really need them!
I wonder if they too are ONLY taking phone calls & e-mails!:S:S:D:D

Goes to show you the average skydiver has a 5 second attention.

Yea, pretty shiny object!
Now...uh... I'm sorry, who & what were we needlessly bitching about again?
It's pretty pathetic when you have to TELL people you're fucking cool Skymama «narrative»This thread will lock in 3..2.. What a load of narrow-minded Xenophobic Bullshit!-squeak

Then run for the BOD .... and stop whinning

*** I don't know what happened. He never used to whine. Too many tandems and not enough sex if you ask me.

Not enough use of the 5th attachment point?
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Yeah, it's a shame when the only attention you get is up-close and personal... Especially when all you're looking for is generic, off-the-cuff answers from an on-line forum.

Kinda pisses me off that they won't 'not' answer my questions as well.

Hope all works well with your thread though... it's gonna be fun to watch.

- per diem of $35/day at each BOD meeting

Wow, is the starvation diet plan considered one of the perks?

If you got elected to the BOD, it could be for you. :ph34r:
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

Wow, is the starvation diet plan considered one of the perks?

Dude. If you need more than $35.00 a day to feed yourself....well....wow. :|

Not to go all bonfire, but when I'm out on business-it ain't a ramen and fast food event. A 35 per diem is laughable. There's only a couple of board members that I like and I'd be ok with us feeding them better than that.
You are only as strong as the prey you devour

Not to go all bonfire, but when I'm out on business-it ain't a ramen and fast food event.

And when I'm out on business it isn't a ramen and fast food event either. Business breakfasts, lunches, dinners, etc are business events. Business means working to make a profit.

This isn't what a BOD meeting is about. It isn't a business deal. It's an organizational meeting. $35 dollars a day will give anyone a good, healthy diet in a day without eating ramen or fast food.
Owned by Remi #?

$35/day is what the IRS allows you to expense per day without providing actual receipts for out-of-town business travel.

This is pretty standard. At most places you can get your breakfast for free at a hotel (already compensated for), lunch for $10, and dinner for $20, with $5 to spare. This will average out through the week.

To be honest, I will very rarely spend the entire $35/day I'm allocated for business trips.

The only time I have needed more than this is when I travel to areas where I must pay for transportation to a place where I can eat - or where my only option is the overpriced hotel restraunt. USPA makes it a point to schedule events at a location where $35/day is very reasonable. With this kind of money you can eat a heathy, full meal - three times a day.

Most organizations will pay more than $35 if you take the time to provide receipts for all of your meals, and are able to provide legitimate supporting evidance that Red Lobster's serf and turf of the day was in fact your only reasonable option.
Matt Christenson

[email protected]
http://www.RealDropzone.com - A new breed of dropzone manifest software.

Not to go all bonfire, but when I'm out on business-it ain't a ramen and fast food event.

And when I'm out on business it isn't a ramen and fast food event either. Business breakfasts, lunches, dinners, etc are business events. Business means working to make a profit.

This isn't what a BOD meeting is about. It isn't a business deal. It's an organizational meeting. $35 dollars a day will give anyone a good, healthy diet in a day without eating ramen or fast food.

Guess I'll never be on the bored then, 'cause I LOVE ramen and fast food. Can't imagine going without it. :ph34r:

$35/day is what the IRS allows you to expense per day without providing actual receipts for out-of-town business travel.

Actually $39 is about the lowest GSA rate depending on where you are travelling to....it also goes $59+
on domestic travel

....and $130+ for some international travel
http://www.gsa.gov/Portal/gsa/ep/contentView.do?contentId=17943&contentType=GSA_BASIC