Jumpdude

The Senator Got Re-elected!

FYI, In Tennessee, Senator Rosalind Kurita Got Re-elected tonight. The reason I am posting this here on DZ.com is that she is the Senator that got the New Tennessee State Law passed that makes it illegal for companies like sLyride to advertise in Tennessee without clearly stating their physical location and to have a local phone number that gets forwarded to a call center outside the local calling area.
America needs more people in the government like Senator Kurita!
You go Girl!!!
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

In one aspect, yes she is a Skydiver, as she made a Tandem with me as part of the Week of the Eagles activities in 2007 (as she was reading the Parachutists provided during the Tandem Waiver process and the Skydiving Magazine there for eye candy, she first learned of Skyride).
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

In one aspect, yes she is a Skydiver, as she made a Tandem with me as part of the Week of the Eagles activities in 2007 (as she was reading the Parachutists provided during the Tandem Waiver process and the Skydiving Magazine there for eye candy, she first learned of Skyride).

Congrats for your role in this. :)
Just wanted to be sure I gave a little Kudos where due...

My role was simple.
I was the T-I and I answered the questions the Student (Senator) asked.

It was the victims of a Florist Company Scam that actually got the bill introduced.

The whole history of this bill is kind of funny and actually had nothing to do with our industry. Our industry will be effected by it as well as others.
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

It was the victims of a Florist Company Scam that actually got the bill introduced.

This may be true -- this is the official reason since it's an easy political apple to pick, as Everyman can relate to a simple florist company scam...

As an awe-struck tandem jumper who may even remember certain details surrounding a first skydive -- I can't help but wonder if other scams including Skyride, stuck at the back of this Senator's mind, and helped gave extra will within...

One may never know, but either way, Kudos, still! :)