bloody_trauma

I think i might be a BASE jumper...

I've got the same symptoms.

And a couple of years ago, long before I started jumping, I climbed a antenna on a small military ground at night, (the guards sucked 'cos I did it without getting caught) it was about 100 feet high, when I almost reached the top I looked down and clearly remember that I thought to myself "hell, I have to climb down too!" :P

i got a couple of bridges around, one where i swim occasionally. i'm sure it could be jumped!

and oh, there's this antenna that is in plain view of my home-dropzone. tempting. :)

“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

I happen to work across the street from the highest inclined tower in the world, 583 feet! Everyday I think about making that jump. Plus its all wide open spaces at the bottom AND I have access to an employee access card!

For now I am concentrating on getting used to flying under canopy but I really want to jump that tower

everytime i drive by a tall object or look over a cliff... i want to be at the top of it about to jump off...:P

I used to look at every single object I drove by and dream of jumping it until I made my first at bridge day last year. Now I dont even look at them as I drive by anymore.

I have a tendency to do that too. So I'm going to give it a shot this year at Bridge Day. :)

Please please please get exit training and jump the canopy you are jumping at bridge day at least a few times before making a base jump on it.

Don't worry...i'm getting lots of training from an excellent mentor. We have a sweet set-up at my dz for us first timers to practice exits on. Plus, I plan on jumping the canopy I'm going to be using at bridge day several times before hand. Plus, I already plan on landing in the water. I'm not just going to jump of the bridge. I do have a few brain cells. ;);):D:)

Except that that one would fry you;)

the one in plain view would, but its gonna be shut off next year. then there's the OTHER one a little behind. that one's not radiating.. landing area looks sweet too!

Be careful, you guys . . .

What you are innocently joking about is exactly how it begins!

NickD
BASE 194

can you elaborate on that as i dont really understand what you're trying to tell us!? :)
"green" jumping sounds very rewarding. but when i'm talking to our latest B-opener, well, i must say, it sounds very frightening too.. i still have time and dont want to rush things.. but yea, if i'd run across someone that would take me with him, i probably coudlnt say no.. :o
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda