piratemike

not in the heavy metal club?

So I injured myself skydiving about a month ago.

Bad downwind landing, I stopped flying my canopy.

Anyhow, I tore my ACL in my left knee, and now I'm going in for surgery to get a new ACL.

So it turns out that the screws that they will be using will be made of some NON-METALLIC material that will degrade and be absorbed by my body.

So, even though I'll have screws in me, I guess I won't be able to participate in the heavy metal jumps because I have no metal in me.

I suppose that's a good thing.

Anybody else have this experience?

so does the metal have to come from a skydiving accident to join the club?

My shoulder looks like the Eiffel Tower on xray, but it's an unrelated event.

I don't know. I'm pretty sure your in.(and, as far as I'm concerned you are)
Every time I've been around when there is heavy metal loads, the call is always something like "if you've got metal in you, get on the load"

Looks like the Eiffel tower ehh?
Got pictures?

;)

Broke my ankle a year ago, and the right fibula looked pretty bad on all the x-rays, big cracks in it, but it was just put in a cast and healed. All the new doctors who looked at it were like "WHY hasn't this been operated?", but all of the injury were away from the joint, so it healed all by itself.

I'm glad that I have my original landing gear intact, without all those fancy, modern metal "improvements" and so should you.

Heal fast!

:)
Relax, you can die if you mess up, but it will probably not be by bullet.

I'm a BIG, TOUGH BIGWAY FORMATION SKYDIVER! What are you?

Yea I need to know if it's just for skydiving related metal or just metal in general. I got four plates in my head. three hold the left side of my face around my eye together and one is on the top left side of my head. I was in a bit of a motorcycle accident.

"we dropped a little bomb on Hiroshima"

"Katrina was a bit of a storm..."

:ph34r::ph34r:

I got the screws in my knee removed, but the rod is still in my femur for now. Guess i'll always be eligible...hehe
Never meddle in the affairs of dragons, for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!

Yeah, but I hear it's worst coming out then going in.

...actually wasn't that bad - maybe I was lucky. Only in for one night and drove myself home.

The worst bit was after the second surgery after they put it in - they made my leg too long after the initial op (go figure) so I had to go back into surgery to have it shortened. I reckon he was hammering on my knee to reduce the length cos I was in a lot more pain compaired to when I actually broke it...

I guess I can't complain though, I most certainly did it to myself :P
"If you can keep your head when all around you have lost theirs, then you probably haven't understood the seriousness of the situation."
David Brent

OMG that is some serious hardware in your leg!

I just got inducted into the heavy metal club on Monday. I now have 3 screws and 1 plate in my ankle.:S

Wish I would've turned to avoid that tree a little sooner...:(

"At 13,000 feet nothing else matters."
PFRX!!!!!
Team Funnel #174, Sunshine kisspass #109
My Jump Site

Had the first in nov 2006 but had to be taken out as it wasn't healing.

Had the second in may last year with bone graft, as I lost 11/2"!

It's now all healed and the metal is coming out next month. Should be airwothy again soon:)

SHIT HAPPENS!