RobbXD

Xperience Days here in peace..

Hi everyone

For the last few years been on the outskirts of the Skydive industry; and given the all too public awareness of the Skyride type operators, I figured the best way to get deeper into the industry was to connect with those at the heart of it.

My own experience of Skydiving (other than booking a few) is limited: One tandem 10 years ago in Australia; and a reluctant jump at that.

I'd be happy to answer any questions or give input into any gift certificate related matters. I know it's a passionate topic on here but I figure the best way to address any issues is head on. If there's a discussion to be had I (we, Xperience Days) would rather be part of it than the subject of it.

I'm here to take part and learn.

Robb Young
Owner
Xperience Days Inc

Personally I don't understand why anyone would book their tandem skydive through a company other than the dz. It makes pretty close to zero sense to me and from what I've seen, it's more expensive. I almost made what I would call "the mistake" when I was booking my first tandem jump. Luckily, I realized it before it was too late.

My question to you is ... what is your company giving a customer that booking through the dz is not going to get them? I understand that the company exists to do business and make money, I just don't see how it benefits the customer in any way.

P.S. your website is down
Serious relationships turn into work after a few weeks and I already got a fucking job :)
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
H.A.F. = Hard As Fuck ... Goddamn Amateurs

I figured the best way to get deeper into the industry was to connect with those at the heart of it

If that's the case, then I suggest you find your closest dropzone! :P

the forums do no justice...

:)
"Love all. Trust few. Do wrong to none." -Shakespeare

Gold Coast Skydivers
Pink Mafia #176

Anthony

Firstly, thanks for the heads up on the site! (Not a good start)

To answer your question, as to why people book with us, I think I should start by explaining what industry we're in. Our business revolves around gift giving. We're in the Experience Gift industry. We're not in the Skydiving industry, nor do we pretend to be, or claim to own or operate any DZ's.

Our customers are not Skydivers, they are gift givers. Those that purchase a Skydive certificate from us are just as likely to have been looking for a Hot Air Balloon ride or a cooking lesson. We exist to give them the choice. So in essence, the main reasons why people buy from us is choice and convenience. Skydivers will always go direct to DZ's, we just introduce customers to the option, along with other experiences in their area. Those are the choices we give them.

The convenience comes from giving customers the ability to purchase a gift certificate at any time and then book when the recipient is ready. Because our website can process the transaction late at night or weekends, holidays etc (assuming the site is working of course!)

I personally don't think we compete with the DZs and provide customers that they wouldn't ordinarily get. Also, after we send a customer to the DZ they become repeat customers of that DZ if they decide to get into Skydiving in a serious way. We never expect them to come back to Xperience Days for another tandem unless it's a gift and they like the service and gift packaging. On the other hand, we can keep them as a repeat customer for a balloon ride or cooking lesson. If everything works as planned everyone should benefit.

Lastly, we never mark up the prices, although I certainly know of competitors that do. When customers arrive at any of our partners, whether that's a DZ or cooking school they get p**sed off if they find out they've paid more for the service. So we just don't do it.

Does that help?

Robb

dixiegypsy

I thought I might get some responses of this kind! I have no problem with joining in in person. Soon as I get time I plan on visiting our partners at Freefall Adventures in NJ and taking another tandem.

For now the forums are the best place to connect with everyone in the same place.

Robb