trendyp

WARP IN THE U.S

im going to Elsinore in a few days time. Does any one know whether I can do the skydive U prgramme over there then be able to goback to the UK and not have to do the British version of it? Can I get my FS1 through skydive U in America?

Call Elsinore!

Skydive Elsinore

20701 Cereal Street
Lake Elsinore, CA. 92530

Tel: (951) 245 9939

Elsinore, is one of my favorite DZ’s and they have an excellent staff. One way or another I’m sure they can help you. I do not think Elsinore is a SDU DZ however, although I don't know you need an SDU DZ. Call The DZ!
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP

Couple of options.

1. Find a UK instructor out there. There's usually one or two kicking arround somewhere - instructors take holidays too you know. They'll be able to sign your jumps off just as if you were in the UK.

2. Simply get coaching at RW - who cares if you have the relevant signitures. Get good at RW and come back to the UK - first jump, put out a 4 point 4 way and badabing you have your cat10. Make sure your log book includes a write up of each of the core skills in the WARP program too though as the CCI may well want to see that you've learned these.

don't forget the dive to pin. Also needed to get the FS1 sign off with the 4pt 4 way. The other bits of WARP or skydive U are just to teach you the skills to be able to achieve the dive to pin and 4 pt 4 way. The order and method by which you learn them are irrelevant. Any USPA coach should be able to teach the skills, so you only need the BPA coach for two jumps.

tash
Don't ever save anything for a special occasion. Being alive is a special occasion. Avril Sloe

We have a group of Brits here(Elsinore) now. About 8 are students and 4-5 are British instructors. They may be able to help you but I'm not sure how much longer they plan to be here.

Call the office and see if they can put you in touch with one of the British instructors. Or better yet, just come by today. They are staying here in the bunk house.

I have had Uk students pull up on numerous occasions. Generally what we do is look at the requirements for their program, help them achieve them, and sign their books with very clear notes as to what the student has achieved on the jump.
most instructors will accept an instructor's signature for a task no matter where it's from. The final sig for you license will have to be got at home, but if your instructor will not accept the word of any foreign instructor for a specific task, find a new DZ.

I did my FS1 at Perris...

Take copy of BPA / your DZ FS1 requirements.

Carefully log your jumps.

and most importantly...

Get your jumps on video - no one can argue with that!! :)
Best of British!

Skyn

Not a shred of evidence exists in favor of the idea that life is serious