pmags88

how to become current

hey guys i have a question on how to become current again
i started aff at zhills about middle of june and passed level 7 about a month later and made a few jumps from then to middle of july (14 total)
i then was unable to get back to the dropzone because of school, work and all that other not fun stuff and when i did get there the crappy florida weather at this time of the year made it impossible to jump
my question is when i am finally able to make it back to the dropzone what do i need to do in order to become current again do i just have to make a coach jump or do i have to sit through a course again
thanks

You shouldn't have to sit through the whole course again, but the question is "when are you going to return?". If you wait until next spring, you will need a lot more refreshing than if you go back when the weather clears after the next hurricane.
You don't have to outrun the bear.

Go out to the DZ every chance you get - if they are open, even if the weather's crap or the winds are up, make as much of an effort to be there as often as you can.

Part of currency, I was told, is keeping the ideas fresh in your mind, and learning as much as you can - there are days I spent waiting around to jump, and that's the best time to pick an instructor's brain, or improve one's packing skills, or listen to the veterans' stories. The scary ones are the best!
T.I.N.S.

i try and get out to the dropzone every week but it usually turns out to be every other week and even though i havent jumped in the last month and a half ive been there probably about 3 times and been unable to jump so the ideas are still in my mind
and i also lurk around here and read some of the articles here and i make sure to read every article in parachutist every month
its better to be reading up on skydiving when im not jumping than to be sitting home doing homework