LuckyMcSwervy

AFF 1 Today - Woohoo!!!

Well, this morning I finally got in my AFF 1 jump. It was soooooooooooooooo awesome. We were the second Otter load of the day. I was really nervous about it, but I knew once I got over this hurdle of the first time piloting the canopy on my own, the mind-fuck game was over.

I got that one jump in before the instructor came in and said the winds were too bad for the AFF students, we'll wait and see what happens wind-wise later on. I'm learning not to stress on something that's completely out of my control, so I just chilled with the other students and went to the back deck and took pictures of those who could jump despite the winds.

Here's what my instructor put in my logbook:

Jump #4 / Exit Altitude: 13,500 / Location: XKeys / Aircraft: Twin Otter / Equipment: 260

Nice exit. Did COA & 3 PTOs. Nice job. Great body position. Gave one "legs out". Nice response. Waved & pulled at 5500 ft. Funny winds. Talked student all the way down. Move to B-2.

I did PLF on landing, but nothing to write home about. I just wanted to stand up and jump for joy that I finally did it, but on the outside I remained my cool and calm. ;-)

I did learn that I forgot to tighten the cord on my new goggles and they were blowing up my face, luckily I had my helmet on or they probably would've launched.

And I also learned that having long hair, even with wearing a helmet, I still need to put it in a ponytail first. I must've spent 10-15 minutes after the debriefing trying to get the wicked knots out of my hair!

I wish I had some pictures, but I'll something next time (hopefully!).

I'm back at the DZ @ 10am tomorrow morning for more AFF jumps.

I'm so stoked. I hope I can sleep tonight.!:)
Always be kinder than you feel.

Well done, i was so nervous on my stage 1 jump. After 20 jumps the nerves are starting to finally go. I know the dz wanted another $120 to film each aff jump so i didnt do it. What i did was ask one of the other fun jumpers who had a camera if he could film me and it only cost me the $35 jump ticket for him. Bargain. Its worth it.

Everyone - Thanks so much for your kind words.

I did my AFF 2 yesterday morning. Freefall totally rocked!! I turned very well and did the forward motion a few times. I loved the way I'm making my body move (not just gravity pulling me towards the earth - LOL) in freefall.

I did kinda bumble fuck the landing pattern but it worked out okay in the end. I didn't flare enough on landing (only about 1/2 brakes) and slid in.

I had a great instructor (Rob) who made it extremely educational and a lot of fun. Actually, I think both my AFF 1 instructor (Nathan) and Rob went above and beyond what I was expecting instruction-wise. The time they both took was very much appreciated. They were busy as shit (with students and other stuff) Sunday and Monday but both days I felt like I was their only student. The confidence they instilled in me will probably follow me through my skydiving passion forever. Awesome. ;)

The above paragraph may sound cheesy, but it's all true. I've been told XKeys has a 1st rate coaching staff, and although I'm new and don't know from shit, I totally agree!

Well, let's hope this bitch Hurricane Hannah doesn't totally frig my weekend plans for AFF 3 and beyond.>:(

Always be kinder than you feel.