kr0me

License expiry time and lost logbook

Hi peeps and peepettes, I'm a newbie to this site and it's my first posting so I'll probably have to buy the beer B| I've finally got off my ass and decided to start jumping again after a nearly 2 years. I've only got about 14-15 jumps to my name and that was just when I completed my AFF at Skydive Space Centre in Florida. Had the time of my life but living in London, the weather isn't exactly on my side and it's not the same as the blue skies that florida has to offer. The thing is, I havent jmped since January 2007 as I've been concentrating on my private pilots lcense instead and my logbook has since been lost when I moved house a few months ago. I have two questions, when I start jumping again, will I have to take any levels of my AFF again and secondly, how would I replace my lost logbook?
Any advice would be appreciated.

Andy

go to the drop zone and talk with the instructors.

Words of wisdom, many thanks for damond of advice. I'll just get the next flight from London to Orlando just so I can ask them if I will need to re-take any levels of my AFF and how to replace my logbook rather than hoping someone on a skydiving forum that has a ton more knowledge than me could maybe shed some light on the subject. Damn I feel stupid now, why didn't I think of that? :|

Anyhow, the UK regs are different from US and I'm planning on coming back to the states at some point in the near future. Not to worry, I appreciate the time and effort it took you to write that literarypearl. I'll be sure to come to you when I need a step by step guide on how to wipe my own ass.;)

If the DZ has a computer run manifest, they may have a record of what you have done.

Excellent, it's worth a try, many thanks. Do you know about being current with jumps though and is there an expiry or refresher time where you'd beed to re-train?

Attitude is a big part of making friends. You may want to re-think being so quick on the trigger.

You've already got all the advice you need to proceed with your quest.
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

If the DZ has a computer run manifest, they may have a record of what you have done.

Excellent, it's worth a try, many thanks. Do you know about being current with jumps though and is there an expiry or refresher time where you'd beed to re-train?

post on the uks forum www.ukskydiver.co.uk and you will get answers specific to the uk which will be more use. short answer, you will need to retrain. you never had a uk a lic so are still a student and there a strict rules regarding students currency. people over on uks can give you the exact regs.
Leeds University Skydiving Club
www.skydiveleeds.co.uk

Check it basically you want to show up at a DZ with no record of you ever doing a jump. How can the DZ verify that you have ever jumped. USPA currancy requirements for an unliscenced jumper requires you to jump st least once ever 30 days.

When you get stateside you can head to the DZ and talk about your unique situation, but don't get pissed off at them when they want you to doground school, and start back at AFF 1 or cat A. Also there are some well known drpzones in Spain where a lot of people go to get their skydiving liscences that may also be an option.

We cannot evaluate you knowledge and skills in an online forum.
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

Being the UK I'm not entirely sure how they'd handle you. But if you did indeed graduate AFF and have 15 jumps and two years out here's what I'd do with you here in the States.

I'd sit you down for a one on one refresher to gauge how much you know and remember. If that goes well then a jump with an AFF Instructor. If every thing is still good you could then pick up where you left off.

On the lost logbook thing. Get a new one and recreate the 15 jumps from memory as best you can. Then take it to an Instructor. They'll be able to tell if it sounds genuine or not easily enough. And then I would make a note in the logbook to the effect these jumps are being forwarded from a lost logbook and sign it off for you.

On the bright side losing a logbook with 15 jumps in it is a lot better than losing a logbook with a couple hundred jumps in it . . .

NickD :)