ASTKU

Ok...Whos had the most jumps without a reserve ride?? Whats the record??

The Title says it all....

Who has the most jumps and no reserve ride?
What is a typical good ratio?

"Now the chances of having a malfunction are one in a thousand Mr. Hicks its only like one in a thousand so I I I dont even want you worried about it. Ya see I use to rig chutes in 'nam man but I repack these babies every week"

-Adam

This has been asked a number of times.

I don't remember what the consensus was but there are a quite of few people who have 1000 or more jumps with out a reserve ride.

I have over 1400 with out one, but that is definitely not the most with out one.

If you had done a search, you would have found a recent thread not too far down the list talking exactly about this topic.

Then again, you appear to be new here so I'll let it slide. :P

"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban

If you had done a search, you would have found a recent thread not too far down the list talking exactly about this topic.

Sorry buddy. I did do a search and found a 4 year old thread. Just thought I'd start a new one for more current stats.

Let us know what your malfunction was on monday;)

I learnt my lesson messin' with the malfunction gremlins. Better to keep your mouth shut then bring attention to yourself:)

MAKE EVERY DAY COUNT
Life is Short and we never know how long we are going to have. We must live life to the fullest EVERY DAY. Everything we do should have a greater purpose.

I believe I read here somewhere that 1:700 is about average

so, lets see, if I made 700 jumps, 700 times, then I would be due for a reserve mal?????

I think I will make 489,999 jumps and then stop thank you:)B|:o

for me, first on #249, then 791, made it to 1500 with out another, so I was ahead of the curve for a while, but shortly after (sorry, log book is behind a bit) I had two in one day. I hope that means I am good for the next 1300 or so:P

Let us know what your malfunction was on monday;)

I learnt my lesson messin' with the malfunction gremlins. Better to keep your mouth shut then bring attention to yourself:)

I second that, I was messing around one night saying I didn't even know what color my reserve was. Well I found out first jump the next morning..

it was orange by the way.

I know 2 people with over 5000 and no reserve rides. I know another with a first reserve ride at about 4000 but no cutaway until 5000.

Me, I got 3 in under my first 400...and I wouldn't take one back or second guess any of them. Most of us ride the top of the bell curve, some of us slide down the hills.
Owned by Remi #?

Ok...Whos had the most jumps without a reserve ride?? Whats the record??

Pssstttt, hey;

If you want some really possibly interesting answers, ask who's had a cutaway, but not a reserve ride.

I've read at least one person's experience with that here. (No, not an intentional, and not with special gear)
Owned by Remi #?

If you want some really possibly interesting answers, ask who's had a cutaway, but not a reserve ride.

I've read at least one person's experience with that here. (No, not an intentional, and not with special gear)

Hey, I am new here but take it easy on me... What mind games are you trying to play with me? PLEASE EXPLAIN

Hey, I am new here but take it easy on me... What mind games are you trying to play with me? PLEASE EXPLAIN

That's a great story btw.

>ask who's had a cutaway, but not a reserve ride.

Well, let's see:

I cut away a bunch of times during static rig testing without deploying the reserve. Of course I only fell a foot or so to the floor during those tests.

I cut away a few times after getting dragged with no reserve deployment. One happened while I was getting picked back up off the ground; fortunately I was fast enough that my second freefall was very short.

I've cut away a few times from a good canopy without having to use my reserve, and without using a modified rig, above 2000 feet AGL. (Bonus question - how do you do that?) Also used a dedicated intentional cutaway rig a few times.

I've cut away a few times from a good canopy without having to use my reserve, and without using a modified rig, above 2000 feet AGL. (Bonus question - how do you do that?)

Hmmm... in the airplane or on the ground at high altitudes?

The case I'm thinking of is a legitimate malfunction in the air, with standard gear. It came up years ago in another thread like this. I'll try to dig it up later.
Owned by Remi #?

:D

The person I'm thinking of cutaway and actually landed with someone else's main (and survived). Think about how that might be possible.
Owned by Remi #?