PhoenixRising

wingsuits in USA today on friday.

on frday September 5th open air magazzine in the USA today. Has a photo contest including a shot of the space shuttle with wingsuits in the foreground.Taken by Scotty burns. It is a voting contest. The winner gets a canon 5d. Go vote on the USA today website so we can win Scotty a new camera to make us all look better

Justin
Wingsuit organizing, first flight courses and coaching
Flock University
Tonysuits

Nope, I got dibbs already, Phil.B|

Congrats, Scotty for being published in the #1 newspaper in the world, as far as sales and distribution are concerned.
I hope like hell you win.

"Spot, I'm glad you didn't die." (Purple Mike)

I stole every copy on my floor at my hotel this morning... :ph34r:

Great job Scotty, Congrats on the exposure of not only yourself and your great work, and wingsuiting and skydiving as well!!

From the caption - "this is one of those pictures you can't critique because it's not an ordinary, everyday photograph. This photographer deserves my congratulations."

Well done Scotty!!

Justin/Spot,

I propose that this thread be moved to the "Bonfire" forum since it is about skydiving and there is a metric buttload more people who read Bonfire than the "Wingsuits" forum. We could invoke the full power of dizzy.com from there...

To quote my childhood hero: "Go, Scotty!"
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

Is it just me or does the voting thingy not work yet?

Also, I recognize Purple Mike and Spot... Who is the third wingsuit (sorry if I've jumped with you and didn't remember your suit...)

Is it just me or does the voting thingy not work yet?

Also, I recognize Purple Mike and Spot... Who is the third wingsuit (sorry if I've jumped with you and didn't remember your suit...)

GreyMike/Mike Mascheff, Burble Mike, and myself.

still trying to find the voting site.... it might not be up yet, but go get a copy of the paper nonetheless, they have it taking a majority of page 42~ and thanks again to Spot for his forsight in submitting it... for he is THE MAN

Thanks to everyone for your continued support and theres more to come!

Blue Skies

Scotty

it says the link will be somewhere at

openair.usatoday.com

sky2productions.com
Z Flock #11; Muff #1909; PFI #15, USPA Lifer
Commercial Multi-Inst. Airplane/Rotory
www.flyteskool.ws Aerial Photography

I think the USA Today folks have the fix in. It's twice as big as the other pictures and is on a page by itself.
But it's pretty, so I voted for it.
(Can I have your old camera?)

HW

I deserve the old camera for browbeating Scotty into this (j/k, I already have a 40D, Scotty):D.
Serious kudos to Scotty for pulling this off; if you've never jumped with the shuttle, you'd never realize how frickin' FAST this all happens. The shuttle was pretty well gone from our atmosphere before we'd deployed. Scotty dumped high and got some nice pix, but Mike and I kept chasing GreyMike until a normal pull altitude.
It's quite a story, how Scotty pulled this together at the last second (literally), how Grey Mike forced the pilot to allow him to time the exit (he's had prior shuttle experience), and how it all came together.
It sure as hell wasn't "just another skydive."
It's pretty cool that the USA Today Staff have more or less called it the best shot, by putting it larger than any other image in the magazine, by having staff comment on it...
From Richard Nowitz, Travel Photographer of the Year, National Geographic, USA Today..
"This is one of those photos that you can't critique because it's not an ordinary, everyday photograph. To have the presence of mind and to be in that place when the shuttle is going off right between two jumpers...whether he was lucky or not, I don't know. There's a nice design element with the mainline being not-horizontal but diagonal, which creates a nice triangular design. And then the rocket coming off of it acts like a frame for the middle diver with the purple jumpsuit. What else can you say besides I'm glad that he took it (the photo) and not me? This photographer deserves my congratulations."

If you're interested, http://www.skydivernetwork.ning.com/profiles/blog/show?id=1197788%3ABlogPost%3A74427, I blogged the event the day we made the jump.

omg, just bought my copy, it's such a brilliant shot!
congratulations scotty, you're the real shit, dude!

c'mon, everyone, we need to not only vote, but get everyone we know to vote!! everyone post links on your facebook, myspace, what have you, and let's give Scotty some proper exposure out there
looks like he's at 51% now, we can do better than that

(if I show boobies, do I get the old camera?:P:P:P)

GREAT PHOTO SCOTTY,......IT REALLY "IS" THE BEST ! CONGRATULATIONS !!

I'D WRITE MORE BUT YOUR DOG IS LIKING MY LEGS AND IT'S DRIVING ME CRAZY...

SORRY I ALMOST CRUSHED YOU YESTERDAY...I AM A VERY "LITERAL" PERSON,.....AND IF YOU TELL ME ''FLY RIGHT OVER ME " AFTER WE EXIT,...WELL,... THAT'S WHAT I'LL DO....
Life is what happens while we are making other plans.

Andreea,

I'm not sure if Scotty will give you the old one, but I assure you that if you show boobies, there will be plenty of cameras that suddenly appear...

;)

omg, just bought my copy, it's such a brilliant shot!
congratulations scotty, you're the real shit, dude!

c'mon, everyone, we need to not only vote, but get everyone we know to vote!! everyone post links on your facebook, myspace, what have you, and let's give Scotty some proper exposure out there
looks like he's at 51% now, we can do better than that

(if I show boobies, do I get the old camera?:P:P:P)

Of Course you can have an old camera~ :P hopefully my new one will be there for the transaction. :P

Thanks everyone, and remember, you can vote daily... until the 16th! i think... thanks!
Z Flock #11; Muff #1909; PFI #15, USPA Lifer
Commercial Multi-Inst. Airplane/Rotory
www.flyteskool.ws Aerial Photography

Awwww, man, another picture is now in the lead. WTF. GET ON IT, PEOPLE!!! VOTE!

(Someone get the people in Banter who never read General Skydiving Discussions to vote, will ya?)