Skyvixen

How much does your DZ charge for Hop and Pops?

It's fairly standard for them to charge full ticket price or nearly full price. You're taking up what would otherwise be a full paying slot and it fucks up the works for a normal ascent. DZ's flying two planes usually won't even do it.

The only time I've seen a cut-rate was when the whole load was doing H&Ps or when I was on a CRW team doing training jumps at the DZ we were representing.

Edit: Except when temperature or traffic is an issue I always wonder why people are so wrapped up in the definition of a hop and pop only being at a low altitude. If you're trying out a canopy, why no go to full altitude so you actually have time to fly your canopy.
"I encourage all awesome dangerous behavior." - Jeffro Fincher

ASC (Cedartown) used to charge $9.00 to 4,000ft. But you wound up going to 5,000 and sometimes 7,000 ft. I know that it has gone up since a couple of years ago, but I think that they are pretty consistant to 5,000 as well.
Unknowing attempting to take out all 4 wheeled vehicles remotely close to the landing area!

At Kaposwin:

13,000' and Below $24*
8000' and Below $19*
4000' and Below $14*

* Cash or checks discount, $1.00 off each jump.

That said, it is pretty hard to get a jump less than 13k most days. Hop & Pops are cloudy day alternatives.

An one of these days I am going to do at 13k Hop and Pop to try out some things with my canopy.
POPS #10623; SOS #1672

we have a caravan and a couple of 182's, we pay $26 to the top in the caravan, and have a sliding scale for the 182 depending on how high you wanna go. I know it's $15 to 5500 because that's usually how high I go...

It's a rare day that we do low passes out of the caravan, so if you want to do hop & pops you have to get a 182 load together.
Good judgement comes from experience, and most of that comes from bad judgement.