juliikal

Code-freaks? Develop a logbook to iPhone!

I've been thinking to buy an iPhone quite soon. But I'm still waiting the last temptations. Yet i've not find any skydiving software from AppStore.

So, do we have any software developers here? a logbook, a flying router or anything that gives me something to combine a beautiful toy and a parachute is needed....:P

I can found softwares for gliders, divers, joggers, hikers but..one quite important sport is stil missing...

Hope that someone catches the ball!

So, what 'd you want in such a software? I'm a dev, but isn't entering jump data kinda tedious? I've been thinking about writing logbook software / website but I'm not sure there's demand for it. I'm still keeping everything on paper ...

So: feature wishlist?

I've been thinking to buy an iPhone quite soon. But I'm still waiting the last temptations. Yet i've not find any skydiving software from AppStore.

So, do we have any software developers here? a logbook, a flying router or anything that gives me something to combine a beautiful toy and a parachute is needed....:P

I can found softwares for gliders, divers, joggers, hikers but..one quite important sport is stil missing...

Hope that someone catches the ball!

Already working on it...just trying not to get too ahead of myself with all the functionality I want it to have... ;)
Signatures are the new black.

So, what 'd you want in such a software? I'm a dev, but isn't entering jump data kinda tedious? I've been thinking about writing logbook software / website but I'm not sure there's demand for it. I'm still keeping everything on paper ...

So: feature wishlist?

i want my log to have a really good camera to capture what i did on my jump and log everything from airspeed to fall rate to when i opened my parachute and anything else it could possibly do, but i dont want to wear it, i want to be able to leave it in my gear bag and it just know so i dont have to enter anything ever again =D, i is lazy.
JewBag.
www.jewbag.wordpress.com

i want my log to have a really good camera to capture what i did on my jump and log everything from airspeed to fall rate to when i opened my parachute and anything else it could possibly do, but i dont want to wear it, i want to be able to leave it in my gear bag and it just know so i dont have to enter anything ever again =D, i is lazy.

You need one of these new high tech remote logging systems.
Owned by Remi #?

Do we really need MMS if we have Youtube and tons of other options in our pocket... ;)

I don't know why I want a logbook into telephone..that's not making sense at all. We have paper versions, pro-tracks and everything, but those gadgets are fun when you are not able to climb up to the sky...a friend of mine had a PDA with GPS function. It looks quite fun to see a spot on your personal display... well, it's not useful, but fun!

But maybe more experienced jumpers are better to say what they want into logbook software. I've just finished my 170 jumps, so I'm still a newbie (or a lazy jumper) . I don't know, but if it is possible to take advantage of accelerometer and GPS functions, then logbook can save many useful stuff. Or not, I don't know...