Melt16

Skydiving, beer and depression

I'm doing my AFF at the moment. I did 4 jumps this weekend (my most ever) and just wanted to know if anyone here after jumping feels absolutely wonderful, but then has a beer and feels all down, tired and depressed?

Now don't get me wrong I'm smiling 90% of the time in my life and meditate etc and consider myself fairly happy with life etc. But for some reason after my jumps on Sunday I had a beer and I just felt immediately all tired and like I'd had hit rock bottom.

Then on Wednesday I had some mates over for Poker. And feeling great the whole week, after 2 beers and playing Poker I absolutely miffed out and just felt all sorry for myself.

I've never had this before and was wondering if this might have something to do with all the skydiving this weekend and maybe my body is just more sensitive or something?

Any thoughts/ideas would be great. Maybe I'll just have to give up beer! :S

I know exactly what you are talking about. It was especially bad during my AFF because I did the whole thing in 2days so i was walking on the clouds! Have a beer that evening and just felt awkward being on the ground.... B| I figured that was normal haha

Now...more than 7 days between jumps and I am going NUTS! The next jump consumes my every waking thought..haha sky crack for sure!

good luck finishing your AFF
blue skies

"A man only gets in life what he is believing for, nothing more and nothing less" Kenneth Hagen

it's called "post freefall depression".. :P

i'm getting that too after a weekend packed with cool jumps n'stuff..

Ah yes, PFD. There must be somebody we can sue, or some government handout we can get.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

it's called "post freefall depression".. :P

i'm getting that too after a weekend packed with cool jumps n'stuff..

Ah yes, PFD. There must be somebody we can sue, or some government handout we can get.

Well, there's always somebody to sue. Just a question of finding 'em.

I know that the day of the jumps your body can simply run out of gas due to all the adrenaline that was pumping through your body earlier. It can leave you feeling drained even the next day.

I remember going through AFF and probably through my first 75 jumps skydiving was all I thought about. It was consuming and I wasn't happy unless I was at the DZ, gearing up for a jump.

Then I went to Skyfest and jumped 22 times in 4 days, and it kinda went away. I still love jumping, but it's not all consuming anymore. Funny that happened right after I hit jump number 100. I think it's called complacency. Yep, you'll achieve it one day! ;)

j/k

It really does ease up after you get more jumps in, but I don't think it'll ever go away. Yep, you're screwed now! You're an addict :P

I will be kissing hands and shaking babies all afternoon. Thanks for all your support! *bows*

SCS #8251