hudsonderek

The Pay Scale, fair?

Stop ya whining, it's not like you're expected to land in the shitty old plane:ph34r::ph34r: (often);)

BTW I'm also a teacher (there's a few of us on here) and I love my job (and the kids) and the time off i get, and the pay is reasonable:)

You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

Stop ya whining, it's not like you're expected to land in the shitty old plane:ph34r::ph34r: (often);)
BTW I'm also a teacher (there's a few of us on here) and I love my job (and the kids) and the time off i get, and the pay is reasonable:)

It's in our union contract that we get to whine five times a year. Don't you have a similar contract?

20 loads in a day isn't that hard at all, I didn't start flying until about 10:00 one day finished an hour before sunset and got 16 loads done. ohh and we only had four rigs and every two loads I had to pack two while the instructors each packed one. Pilots need to speak up and stop taking this "we're building time so it's okay the pay is crappy" bullshit, if they're not any pilots, there's no jumping. and yes, the pilot is the least paid, this summer I made about $3,000 in three months while both of the TM took home over $8,000 in the same time. Pilots spend lots of time energy and money getting their 250 hours and commercial, they deserve to be paid accordingly.

Pilots need to speak up and stop taking this "we're building time so it's okay the pay is crappy" bullshit.... this summer I made about $3,000 in three months while both of the TM took home over $8,000 in the same time.,

Did you ask before the season started what you would be paid? If you didn't like it, why didn't you look for something else that paid better? Did you do a survey of what was being paid for pilots with your experience? If you didn't like it, why did you choose that career path?

Having put in time as a jump pilot, TM, vidiot, and AFF-I, I can tell you the wear and tear on your body as a TM or vidiot with still and video on your head is a lot worse than as a pilot. As you said " 20 loads in a day isn't that hard at all."

BSBD

Harry
"Harry, why did you land all the way out there? Nobody else landed out there."

"Your statement answered your question."

After reading another thread concerning NTSB involvement in jump operations and subsequent findings of needing better pilot training with regards to wt/bal, fuel management.....etc....etc.. it quite possibly looks like the pilot has a lot of the fucking responsibility without commensurate pay.

I back you fully on stating pilots require more pay. , but you wanna put my ticket on the line...then pay the appropriate rate.........cheers.

Pilots spend lots of time energy and money getting their 250 hours and commercial, they deserve to be paid accordingly.

While I certainly agree that skydiving grinds to a stop without pilots, you have to realize by now that 250 hours and a commercial provides you with the ability to acquire only the lowest paying entry level jobs in the flying business.
I would encourage you to keep working your butt off for shit money if flying is really your passion, and the money will come. Besides, hanging out with all of us cool skydivers is a great perk...;)

Just burning a hole in the sky.....