mitsuman

Going for my AFF1 next weekend. things to know..

Well after jumping my first(and last :P ) tandem last weekend, i decided i need to do it again. So next weekend ill be going for my AFF1.

Is there anything i should know before going out. Any general questions i should ask. about equipment, facility, etc etc. DZ will be Elsinore. thank all.
Hi, my names Jon, and I love to skydive.

Don't forget to pull !!!!!!!!! ;)

LOL thats part of the reason I failed my AFF1 [:/] Passed the rest though, last one with flying colors.

to the poster, there is a thread a few pages back talking about what we learned in AFF, but the biggest and only thing you really have to do is relax.
I keep telling my friends skydiving will fix all your problems, Im a fibber you just let go a minute at a time. Choose what to do with it.

If there is one bit of advice i could give that is to concentrate on pushing your hips forward as soon as you jump out. The position of your arms and legs is really not a big deal. If your legs are a bent a bit to much you will slide back a bit but if your body is flat you will be unstable and start failing jumps. As soon as i let go i would concentrate on pushing my hips towards the ground and you will have a stable freefall. Hope this helps.

Well after jumping my first(and last :P ) tandem last weekend, i decided i need to do it again. So next weekend ill be going for my AFF1.

Is there anything i should know before going out. Any general questions i should ask. about equipment, facility, etc etc. DZ will be Elsinore. thank all.

And for the record, Elsinore is a great place, with top-notch instructors, gear, attention to safety, etc.

Just listen to what Yong says (provided she's teaching your FJC), ask a lot of questions, and have fun. :)
Signatures are the new black.

If there is one bit of advice i could give that is to concentrate on pushing your hips forward as soon as you jump out. The position of your arms and legs is really not a big deal. If your legs are a bent a bit to much you will slide back a bit but if your body is flat you will be unstable and start failing jumps. As soon as i let go i would concentrate on pushing my hips towards the ground and you will have a stable freefall. Hope this helps.

That is very good advice if it comes from a Marital Counselor. :D

OP: TTYI
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

thanks all for the comments.

haha yes i will try to relax and enjoy myself. and hopefull i dont loose awareness of altitude with all the excitement.

ya elsinore was awesome. good people. but i need to locate my camera guy. he did a great job and i owe him a tip. short red hair, freckles. if someone knows him let me know!

will they let you bring your own helmet cam? thinking about buying one.

Too bad your friend bailed... but you are going to love it. When you get back you will be so excited and your friend will want to go!

I remember after my first AFF I couldn't wait to get back to the DZ and jump again.

Wait... I still feel that way!
It's been about 7 months since my first AFF and I am just as excited. Each day I think about the next time I will be jumping and can't wait!

Forget AFF and go Static Line Progression. It's a couple of thousand dollars cheaper and it doesn't ram all that info down your throat all at one time. Plus, there's nowhere as many failed jumps or jumps that you will have to re-do. AFF only benefits the DZ and only benefits the student that is well off financially enough to drop $250+ per jump, AND those that are the kind that were born with a rig on their back. Static LIne jumps usually are around $165 up to around $225 for the first jump, and They usually drop to around $65 or less for the following jumps. Keep in mind, Yes you are a student, and you will have to pay more for your jumps because you will have an instructor attached to you, but Upjumpers only pay $20 to $25 (Average) per jump, so why get hosed for hundreds? Do the math. Keep your money in your pocket, Go Static Line. ;)
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

aaah it was awesome!!

but stupid wind prevented me from landing solo. still good practice. already got my next jump planned for next sat. if anybody wants to go! let me know.

How much did it cost?
Refuse to Lose!!!
Failure is NOT an option!
1800skyrideripoff.com
Nashvilleskydiving.org

I think everyone gets radio'd in through AFF3. Or did I just suck...

I had the radio for all the other jumps but they only used it unless I was doing something really bad. I did better without the radio because I kept waiting for them to tell me to flair and I had a hard time hearing them... PLF!

think everyone gets radio'd in through AFF3. Or did I just suck...

I had the radio for all the other jumps but they only used it unless I was doing something really bad. I did better without the radio because I kept waiting for them to tell me to flair and I had a hard time hearing them... PLF!

I was on radio for 9 jumps, but only the first 3 stages the CI fully guided me in and told me to flare.

He would pop on from time to time later on and say "you're coming back way too early, turn around" or "you're getting behind the target too high" and I could adjust my pattern.

No shame in utilising the radio.

Pretty much but wasn't a waste. It still counted as my level 1.

At my DZ theres very little wind from open to around 2pm. Class was done by around 4 and by that time it was over 14mph. So they gave me the choice to either stay and try to wait it out, come back another day, or just jump tandem and get 40 towards my next jump. So i went with that. Now my level 2 is cheaper ;)