kawisixer01

jumping in other countries

Anybody know off-hand if I need an AAD jump jump in Spain?

Right-o, forgot about that one :S

In some countries AAD are mandatory, either for all jumpers or up to a specific license. Also mind that is some countries specific AADs may not be allowed. In France an AAD is mandatory for all jumpers, The Netherlands mandatory up to C license, Belgium: mandatory, Germany, frankly no idea, Spain: in Empuria AADs are mandatory, don't know if that is the case for the whole of Spain.

ciel bleu,
Saskia

In some countries the RIG has to have liability insurance. (as best I understand it) USPA member insurance isn't good enough. In Austria, the only European country I jumped in, I contacted the DZO before the trip. He was a USPA AFF/Tandem instructor so familiar with USPA. I think we both knew I didn't meet the requirements. But he asked if I had insurance. I said yes, as he didn't ask what kind. And with an unspoken (or unperformed nudge, nudge, wink, wink I got on the airplane. This was a small DZ not used to foreign jumpers.

But jumping in the Alps in the Inn Valley was kewl!
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

nudge, nudge, wink, wink

Eatin a pizza in the park while driving across Norway a couple years back, I saw canopies in the distance...:o:)
20 minutes later I was on a load (demo in town) with no logbook, paperwork or gear....now THOSE guys were COOL!~B|

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

This is a new one to me:

To jump to Skydive Empuriabrava it is mandatory for all skydivers to have a working AAD fitted to their rigs.

There rental Cypres
Price: 2 € / day + instalation
The price of the instalatión can vary between 70 to 125 €, depending on if the equipment has got the pre-instalation not.
In order to rent a Cypres a deposit of 1088 € is required (it can be done by credit card)

ciel bleu,
Saskia

I jumped in Germany for the first time this summer at Pullout Skydive (great operation). Bring your logbook and expect a thorough gear check. USPA card wouldn't hurt, but isn't it in your wallet anyway? :DThey're much more lax about letting people jump over there. Show 'em your jump numbers, fill out a quick contact info sheet and you should be on your way up. Kinda like Lodi, except you have to fill out one paper :P