mitsuman

favorite part of skydiving

Being a floater on a trail plane of a big-way RW load. When you're standing outside, looking at the whole formation of aircraft just before the exit starts. You can see the other floaters on their planes and see the base doing their count and exit. Then, seeing a shitload of jumpers come piling out of all the planes. I've always loved the visual impact of big-way exits.

Another great sight is tracking away from the last point and looking back between your feet at the remaining formation breaking up and everyone leaving on their radials, spreading like a bombburst across the sky. :)
Kevin K.

its amazing to read so many different answers in what from an outsiders perspective it would seem as though the freefall would be everyone's favorite part.

i love this sport! Cant wait to get deeper and deeper in.
Hi, my names Jon, and I love to skydive.

This is not my absolute favorite, but it's something that hasn't been mentioned yet and I find it the most surprising part. I'm less likely to engage in a fight with an asshole. Usually, some asshole is being an asshole and I feel like I have to be an asshole or more of an asshole than him. And believe me, I have the ability to be a major asshole. However, the past few months, I find myself not getting stressed out by the assholes, I think, "Fuck it, don't fight with this asshole. You're jumping from a plane this weekend."

This applies to assholes that are also skydivers, so I'm guessing not everybody has this same feeling I do.

They say all welders are assholes, there's just different levels of assholiness.

I like to exit the plane and swooping. My favorite exit is doing outside video on the camera step of an Otter, wait until the last diver leaves, then race them to the base. It's awesome when the formation is coming at you at 60+ MPH.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

I love when my clone is wearing an open face helmet...especially when they have squishy cheeks. Nothing makes me laugh harder or brainlock faster. :D

My favorite part though is jumping with my boyfriend. Gives me warm fuzzies sharing that with him. We always hold hands on the way up and kiss before we leave the plane. Cheesy, but it makes me SO happy!

~Nikki
http://www.facebook.com/poe62

Irgity Dirgity

My favorite part though is jumping with my boyfriend. Gives me warm fuzzies sharing that with him. We always hold hands on the way up and kiss before we leave the plane. Cheesy, but it makes me SO happy!

that would be pretty awesome
Hi, my names Jon, and I love to skydive.

Holding hands and kissing her boyfriend?
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

Holding hands and kissing her boyfriend?

Maybe he is a good kisser. I mean why would one want to kiss someone who is a bad kisser
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192

2 things...

freeflying on the hill and those freefly dives where you go with one other person without a plan and while you're in the air you just synch, understand each other and are able to get all kinds of docks, carves, and generally kick ass things without being able to speak to each other or having planned a thing before leaving the plane

They say all welders are assholes, there's just different levels of assholiness.

I'd definatly have to agree with you there. Also thier all alcoholics!

My favorite part of skydiving is definatly the climbout. The anticipation in those few seconds and whats to follow. what keeps bringing me back to the dropzone is the community. Like an extended family with memeber all over the world. Who will always welcome you into thier home. (as long as you bring beer)

Cheers
Have you seen my pants?
it"s a rough life, Livin' the dream
>:)

The smell of it.

For me it's the smell of gear... New gear, old gear, doesn't matter. I noticed that smell right away the first time I set foot on a dropzone and to this day it still makes me smile.

mmmmm the smell of jet fuel fumes = fun!
"A man only gets in life what he is believing for, nothing more and nothing less" Kenneth Hagen

My favorite part? The warm inner glow that comes over me at the end of a good jump day. Everything hurts, but I've had a full day's jumping where the jumps went well, I performed at or better than my potential on a given day, and I've got all kinds of new visuals in the data banks that the wuffos in my life can't possibly imagine. It took all day to get to that point, and it doesn't happen every jump day - but every once in a while, I feel very content. You can tell when it happens. I just sit by the fire smiling, holding my beer, and don't talk much.

Never lasts, though. Sunday morning I've got to do it all over again. :D

Mike Ashley
D-18460
Canadian A-666

My favorite part is the first load of the day, sitting close to the door in the otter and watching the ground leave through the clear door. Watching the shadow of the plane get smaller and smaller. Close your eyes and think I wouldn't want to be any where else. Very relaxing.

I love the views. I know that's silly, but it's a beautiful world. . . (That, and I've done way too many solos). When I exit, and see the whole crazy vast landscape below, I know that nothing that happens down there really matters as much as we sometimes imagine--unless it all matters, but that's also comforting.

I also love being on a skydive so fun (or ridiculously funnelled) that I laugh, and/or can hear others laughing. Something satisfying in the irony of cracking up whilst plummetting toward the (generally) imminent doom of earth.

Skydiving just takes me into the moment; mostly, I enjoy those moments, and so keep skydiving.
Let's go to candy mountain.

I love standing at the door and the excitement that fills up your thoughts.

And I love on the plane ride up watching everyone's faces! Tandems are the best because they are either really excited or really terrified and I love that they are going to experience something I am addicted too.

The smell of it.

For me it's the smell of gear... New gear, old gear, doesn't matter. I noticed that smell right away the first time I set foot on a dropzone and to this day it still makes me smile.

+1