klingeme

Remembering September 11th (From the PD Blog)

I saw this and thought I'd share it with those of you that don't follow the PD Blog.

Mark Klingelhoefer

Submitted by Stuart Schoenfeld

Tomorrow, on Thursday September 11th, members of Team Fastrax will be commemorating the 7 years that have passed since September 11th attacks with a very special jump. Members of the team have worked extensively with the FAA, TSA, Homeland Security, The National Park Service and the City of New York to allow jumpers to drop seven American flags simultaneously over ground zero. This will take place approximately at 10:30 EST (New York time), the time when Twin Tower two fell.
The team views this jump as a very special honor and a way to say thank you to the members of all the fire fighters, law enforcement, and military personnel, who have served to protect the freedom that we all enjoy.
Below is the list of jumpers and sized flags they will be jumping during this special event.

Travis Donley – 7800sqft
Stuart Schoenfeld – 3700sqft
Niklas Hemlin – 2000sqft
David Hart – 1100sqft
Dan Pangeti – 500sqft
David French – 500sqft
Robin Heider – 275sqft

John Hart – video
Norman Kent – video
Burce Schemmel – Pilot in Command

This event will probably be broad casted on TV, so keep your eyes peeled!

I live three blocks from ground zero and was home the morning of September 11, 2001. Very sadly, one of the people I saw jump from the towers went into a stable arch and held it all the way down. I’m sure he’d be very proud these folks are doing this jump. Good luck tomorrow.

Dean
www.wci.nyc

No doubt - it will be an emotional moment for the guys jumping just as much as those watching from the ground (or anywhere).

Spoke to Stu (SuperStu) earlier as they were hitting the road and he said they anticipated a lot of coverage.
I believe someone from AP will be in the jump plane with them and several helicopters in the air, capturing the jump from all angles.

As Phree said, a lot of dedication and hard work has gone into preparing for this demo.
Apart from the jump being an awesome tribute, it also has the potential to show skydiving in a very positive light - and we can never get too much of that kind of press.
The guys and gals on team Fastrax are professional, well trained and heads up skydivers - fantastic spokespeople for the sport.

Can't wait to see it - best of luck to all on the team!
Blue Skies Magazine

I'm sure it will.
Stu said they expect all the major networks to be there (he named CNN, ABC, NBC), so hopefully those with access to TV tomorrow morning can check it out. And maybe post something here, so those of us without TV's can live vicariously through the rest of you :)
Blue Skies Magazine

Hey Everyone,

We're here in NY getting ready for the jump. We travelled around and took a look at the LZ for the jump which is less than 1.5 miles away from ground zero which we also took a look at and must say that it was quite impressive and emotional.

This is a huge honor to be apart of this jump and all of us would just like to thank those who have served, fought, and died for the freedoms we all enjoy.

There should be a lot of coverage on all the major networks as there will be a lot of memorial services going on and we're just a small part.

our planned exit is just after 10:25am EST and we'll be hopefully dropping all 7 flags at 10:28:31 when the 2nd tower fell.

thanks again and blue skies...stu
Slip Stream Air Sports
Do not go softly, do not go quietly, never back down

I live three blocks from ground zero and was home the morning of September 11, 2001. Very sadly, one of the people I saw jump from the towers went into a stable arch and held it all the way down. I’m sure he’d be very proud these folks are doing this jump. Good luck tomorrow.

Dean

Reading your post gave me a mad case of goosebumps. :(

CNN on TV only showed a quick shot of the jumpers under canopy. The internet stream showed slightly more, but neither showed the drop or anything other than a couple of seconds total footage of the jumpers.

Did anyone see more (record more) from another news outlet?

We might have to wait for the Fastrax video to come out to see the whole jump.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

our planned exit is just after 10:25am EST and we'll be hopefully dropping all 7 flags at 10:28:31 when the 2nd tower fell.

thanks again and blue skies...stu

I just caught part of that jump live on Fox News....
Looks nicely done. :)
"Mediocre people don't like high achievers, and high achievers don't like mediocre people." - SIX TIME National Champion coach Nick Saban