Opendore

I am very new to skydiving.

If you are a jumper that isn't into skydiving to be cool, don't throw me aside. I am a student in the life of skydiving. I am putting myself out to here to gain knowledge to be able to fly with you. Please assist me in my quest. If not, I'
ll be alright. Eventually, I will be flying with you. Take Care!
-Jec
I don't have a license for this.

just keep reading these skydiving forums, like the ones on safety and training, and there are very good articles found on the home page.

But read the posts with a grain of salt....there's a good quantity of opinionated BS, but if you read enough you will detect the situation.

Listen to your instructors, they are your ultimate source for information focused on your needs.

And start saving your $$$.....!

"The reason angels can fly is that they take themselves so lightly." --GK Chesterton

Thanks!! I do understand what you mean. My JM are the ones who actually mold me... but these forums are great for all around information. With the winter coming, I won't be able to go for my A 'til next year. So, I will be on here trying to fit in, when I clearly don't. I have never been let go in freefall... Hope to meet and jump with you in the future. Take Care!
-jec
I don't have a license for this.

here trying to fit in, when I clearly don't

you have jumped out of a plane not just once but 5 times... you are a skydiver.. you share the same thread as anyone in this forum, many will disagree.. you will find some good points on these forums but it will take some time to determine the ones who make some real good sense as those who just have this need to completely pick apart a question and turn into a major debate. I just read the posts and pretty much go with the majority and compare that with the instructors at the DZ. These forums are a good thing but it's like asking a lawyer a yes or no answer..NOT

So, I will be on here trying to fit in, when I clearly don't.

Considering how many wuffos are here pretending to be skydivers, you fit just fine. I'm new to the forums, but not all that new to skydiving (not all that long either).
Read lots, search before you ask questions-most have already been asked and answered and the long-timers seem to get tired of the same things over and over. Just like at the DZ- learn, learn, learn; have fun and be careful. And don't follow ANY advice you find in here without first checking with your instructor.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo