steveorino

BASE oops?

That's what happens when you don't understand and stick to the principles of multi way BASE jumps. This sort of thing seems to happen all the time at Bridge Day & luckily everyone has come out of it okay, but it's a matter of time before someone is injured. Nonetheless, we still see people doing multi-ways on their second or third BASE jump. :S

Egad, A BASE life defiles a bad age.

That's what happens when you don't understand and stick to the principles of multi way BASE jumps. This sort of thing seems to happen all the time at Bridge Day & luckily everyone has come out of it okay, but it's a matter of time before someone is injured. Nonetheless, we still see people doing multi-ways on their second or third BASE jump. :S

Forgive me Eric, but this time I gotta call you on it. The jumper in the canopy has over 500
BASE jumps, the right most guy doesn't even matter (and not only because he is an ugly mofo from NC, but because he is not part of the equation). The problem was a simple miscommunication of exit timing (a "hold on a sec" was not heard) that had NOTHING to do with their experience.

So,,thats no excuse !! Don't care how experienced or what ever...to be that close is just plain ignorant ....whats the rush ? a couple of seconds gonna make you a star? i agree with the poster above,,its only a matter of time and then its gonna a be bo ho,,,and f***in tears because someone didn't make it...unbelievable :S>:([:/]

smile, be nice, enjoy life
FB # - 1083

one of the rules of packing is : do not pack with tools you don't want to find on opening.

I'm pretty sure the guy who is having the surprise visitor didn't pack the guest that way.

But then again, I'm not a BASE jumper. Those wacky guys might pack each other in their rigs for kicks.
Skwrl Productions - Wingsuit Photography

Northeast Bird School - Chief Logistics Guy and Video Dork

So,,thats no excuse !! Don't care how experienced or what ever...to be that close is just plain ignorant ....whats the rush ? a couple of seconds gonna make you a star? i agree with the poster above,,its only a matter of time and then its gonna a be bo ho,,,and f***in tears because someone didn't make it...unbelievable :S>:([:/]

no, please read again what I wrote. It was a planned 3 way. In other words they were supposed to exit on level and just stagger their delays. If you notice the guy in the middle has no slider, so he was packed for a quick opening.

Got any BASE jumps recently ? If not, please don't pass judgment on techniques or what YOU consider proper. You won't catch me giving advice in swooping forums since I don't swoop.

The jumper in the canopy has over 500
BASE jumps,[...] The problem was a simple miscommunication of exit timing (a "hold on a sec" was not heard) that had NOTHING to do with their experience.

Nothing against what you are saying, but one can sarcastically say that yes, it had nothing to do with experience --- as they evidently didn't use that experience to set up properly and avoid a simple communication error that newbies might make. :-)

Just another Bridge Day.