sixtysevengt5oo

First Jump After long hiatus

I've been out fo the sport for what feels like an eternity, actually only about a year. I'm hopping to be able to go out to the DZ either this weekend or the next, and frankly I have those first time jitters just thinking about it, excited jitters though.

Anyways, to those of you that have taken long breaks and come back, what is that first jump back like, terrifying, more fun than ever, etc.?

I started jumping in AUS 2 years ago. Then went home that fall and had to wait over the winter and then got back into it end of this July and the first jump was great!! I was pretty nervous on the way to altitude but once I was out I felt at peace. It's like having sex with with a gorgeous girl after not having had sex or jerked off in 2 years and the last girl you slept with was fat and ugly (and it lasts longer too). Anyway, I did a couple more jumps that weekend (with my brand spankin new rig), went home and broke myself playing football a few days later (worked out tho since I had no money anyway). So I get to experience that first jump feeling again after the winter.

I've been out fo the sport for what feels like an eternity, actually only about a year. I'm hopping to be able to go out to the DZ either this weekend or the next, and frankly I have those first time jitters just thinking about it, excited jitters though.

Anyways, to those of you that have taken long breaks and come back, what is that first jump back like, terrifying, more fun than ever, etc.?

I've come back several times after breaks of upto 5 years. It was just like riding a bike. The door opened, I climbed out on the strut and went. Really felt as though I hadn't missed a day of jumping.

After a break since late 2004 / early 2005 I got back in the air again last week - got 4 jumps in. And like the others said it felt like I was there only a week before; I didn't have that 'first feeling' jump, just felt continuious. You'll love it whatever you feel on the day. Stay safe