ifell

Heli hop & pop

standard rate is about $45 a person, thats what i paid last time i did a helo jump, and it was at 5.5k, dont expect a lot of altitude, its the first 2k that is what your going to enjoy the most.

I think I paid $60 I think two years ago at the American Boogie in Davis, CA.

when you jump out of an aeroplane, the forward movement of the plane creates a relative wind speed to jump into so when you jump out your travelling the same speed essentially as the plane already. so if this was at 80mph and average terminal velocity is 120mph then you would only accelerate 40mph. a helicopter has barely any forward movement at all because it hovers so when you leave ityou accelerate from 0-120mph and can feel yourself falling, in fact if you start shouting at eachother you can hear eachother for the first few seconds as the wind noise overcomes ya. if you watch any body jumping out of helis on video you can see how the heli stays in the same position til it disappears from view. its supposed to be like a base jumping feelingB|

Dudeist Skydiver #170
You do not need a parachute to skydive, you only need one to skydive again

Go ahead and do a heli jump.... After that try a hot air balloon B|

I screamed like a little girl :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

“The sum of intelligence on the planet is a constant; the population is growing.” - George Bernard Shaw
He who dies with the most toys, wins.....
dudeist skydiver # 19515
Buy quality and cry once!

I'm on my way to my rotary license right now and have been considering doing this at my local DZ in California. It costs roughly 230 dollars or so for a Schweizer for an hour so if I could get payed enough to just break even I would really enjoy dropping some people off at the DZ. I don't think anyone would mind paying a little more to get a helicopter jump.

I'm on my way to my rotary license right now and have been considering doing this at my local DZ in California. It costs roughly 230 dollars or so for a Schweizer for an hour so if I could get payed enough to just break even I would really enjoy dropping some people off at the DZ. I don't think anyone would mind paying a little more to get a helicopter jump.

if you are only on your way to the private license, you are way unqualified to drop people, both legally and skillwise.

you need a commercial license, and you need to know what you are doing. I believe the $230/hr gets you a 2 seater with a very light max gross weight - which mean you will have somebody exiting asymmetrically to the CG , a pretty big weight and balance shift. Be ready to hold on to the cyclical with white knuckles.

seriously man, what's the rush ? decide if you want to go out freeflying or flying rotorcraft.

if you are only on your way to the private license, you are way unqualified to drop people, both legally and skillwise.

you need a commercial license, and you need to know what you are doing. I believe the $230/hr gets you a 2 seater with a very light max gross weight - which mean you will have somebody exiting asymmetrically to the CG , a pretty big weight and balance shift. Be ready to hold on to the cyclical with white knuckles.

seriously man, what's the rush ? decide if you want to go out freeflying or flying rotorcraft.

Lol I'm not saying I'm going to go up tomorrow and do it. This would be something far down the line after I'm done doing my CFII jobs and have some turbine time anyways. As for the weight shift, even if they jump out with gusto it wouldn't rock more than a decent wind would and at that altitude its not really a factor. Remind me again what the cyclical is? I kinda know what a cyclic is but not sure on the cyclical. :) Pardon me for not taking advice on helicopters from someone that refers to a cyclical. Whats so wrong about freeflying and flying rotorcraft? Besides doing them at the same time. That might be bad. And I'm not sure on the legality of dropping jumpers but I do know that if the helicopter costs 230 dollars an hour to rent and someone pays you 230 dollars for an hour of flight, that is legal under a private license. As long as you arn't payed anything over the cost of operating and arn't making a profit you are good with the private.

Go ahead and do a heli jump.... After that try a hot air balloon B|

I screamed like a little girl :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

I wanted to do a heli jump but wasn't able to. I was able to do a balloon jump though. I love the feeling of falling into dead air.(Hello, BASE jumping? My name is Skittles. :P)

Oh and the guy that exited the balloon at the same as me could be heard yelling 'Oh, shit!' haha.

And I'm not sure on the legality of dropping jumpers but I do know that if the helicopter costs 230 dollars an hour to rent and someone pays you 230 dollars for an hour of flight, that is legal under a private license. As long as you arn't payed anything over the cost of operating and arn't making a profit you are good with the private.

That is not true. A private pilot can share flight expenses, if there is a common purpose for the flight - and even then, the private pilot still has to pay his share. Dropping skydivers gives you no common purpose - unless you plan on jumping out with them :o, so you can't even accept a single dollar from them, no matter how much it costs you. You need a commercial for that.

However, if you pay for the entire thing, it is legal for you to drop jumpers. Just remember that safe and legal are not the same things.

Lol I'm not saying I'm going to go up tomorrow and do it. This would be something far down the line after I'm done doing my CFII jobs and have some turbine time anyways. As for the weight shift, even if they jump out with gusto it wouldn't rock more than a decent wind would and at that altitude its not really a factor. Remind me again what the cyclical is? I kinda know what a cyclic is but not sure on the cyclical. :) Pardon me for not taking advice on helicopters from someone that refers to a cyclical. Whats so wrong about freeflying and flying rotorcraft? Besides doing them at the same time. That might be bad. And I'm not sure on the legality of dropping jumpers but I do know that if the helicopter costs 230 dollars an hour to rent and someone pays you 230 dollars for an hour of flight, that is legal under a private license. As long as you arn't payed anything over the cost of operating and arn't making a profit you are good with the private.

Are you sure you are ready to take constructive criticism ?

You sound like an anxious know-it-all. Kind of like a kid who I met in college. He was an expert on skydiving, dispensed lots of advice and made sure that you knew that he was "as licensed skydiver" within 30 seconds of meeting him. Too bad he had 8 jumps and passed AFF 3 years ago.

PS while paying them xxx/hour for aircraft rental, are you still not bound by the rental agreement and/or insurance restrictions aside from your license limitations ?

As for the weight shift, even if they jump out with gusto it wouldn't rock more than a decent wind would and at that altitude its not really a factor.

The pilot I did some jumps with (R44) was quite concerned about the weight shift, and that each of us leave from the opposite side at the same time. The exit is done at near hover, with very little forward speed.

As for the weight shift, even if they jump out with gusto it wouldn't rock more than a decent wind would and at that altitude its not really a factor.

The pilot I did some jumps with (R44) was quite concerned about the weight shift, and that each of us leave from the opposite side at the same time. The exit is done at near hover, with very little forward speed.

Same when we jumped from a Jet Ranger recently. The pilot was most insistent that we just dropped and DID NOT push out. Apparently that can upset the a/c.... bad juju

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

Are you sure you are ready to take constructive criticism ?

You sound like an anxious know-it-all. Kind of like a kid who I met in college. He was an expert on skydiving, dispensed lots of advice and made sure that you knew that he was "as licensed skydiver" within 30 seconds of meeting him. Too bad he had 8 jumps and passed AFF 3 years ago.

PS while paying them xxx/hour for aircraft rental, are you still not bound by the rental agreement and/or insurance restrictions aside from your license limitations ?

Yes I'm a stupid 10 year old child that knows nothing about flying helicopters, skydiving, or life in general. I'm stupid. You know far more about anything related to rotorcraft flight because you have a CFII and 10,000 hours in them. I've never flown and don't know at all what a shift in weight feels like...or perhaps a total loss of power. I've lived in my room my entire life and know nothing about anything. Happy? Jesus I could post that I like tomatoes and you jackals would find someone to dog on that too. Get off the e high horse. You say I'm stupid and reckless when I'm sure you know people that do Mr Bills and stupid shit like that. Shit over 60 percent of skydiving deaths were D Licensed jumpers. Chill the hell out. I'm stupid, you win, I'm giving up skydiving and flying and everything in life because I'm reckless and retarded. I'M A TROLL I'M A TROOOOOLLLL OHHHHH I'M A UNDER THE BRIDGE TROOOOOLLLLLL!!!!!! Adios.

This is the second thread in a couple of days in which you have antagonized people with your attitude, AND made them wonder about your credibility. Perhaps you should pause and examine yourself first, before being obnoxious toward others who are simply reacting naturally to the kind of stuff you post.

no my friend, I made no statements relating my credibility to yours. I simply responded to what you posted. "I" am not part of the equation. On the subject of D-holders being more prone to death as you put it. I took the easy approach - I never went past my A.

If you were a CFII w/ 10,000+ rotorcraft hours it's very unlikely you would be posting the garbage that you have been feeding us last few days.

no my friend, I made no statements relating my credibility to yours. I simply responded to what you posted. "I" am not part of the equation. On the subject of D-holders being more prone to death as you put it. I took the easy approach - I never went past my A.

If you were a CFII w/ 10,000+ rotorcraft hours it's very unlikely you would be posting the garbage that you have been feeding us last few days.

Oh but isn't it the most delicious garbage you've ever had though?