Isfrael

Do different jump courses transfer???

Hi, I live near Chicago, and the winter is coming around. I have relatives in Arizona, (close to Skydive Arizona) and I was thinking about spending a few weeks in Arizona during winter break to complete my A license training. The thing is, my home DZ uses the AFF program, Skydive Arizona uses the ASP. I've completed up to AFF 6 at my DZ, would this transfer to ASP? If so, where would it put me in there program? Also, if I don't jump at all before Winter break, I won't be current, so....?

For the most part, yes, although different DZs will retrain you to make sure that you are on the same page as their instructors.

Call SD AZ and talk to them about it. I promise you they'll answer your questions!
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."

The thing is, my home DZ uses the AFF program, Skydive Arizona uses the ASP. I've completed up to AFF 6 at my DZ, would this transfer to ASP? If so, where would it put me in there program?

They are basically the same thing. Most DZ's have some minor variation in their A license programs and call them by different names. But virtually all DZ's go by the USPA Integrated Student Program. I guarantee Arizona has experience with people coming from different programs (particularly from up north) in the winter and finishing their A license. The jumps you’ve made will count toward your license.

First call AZ and talk to them. Second expect to hear something like, “Sure we can do that. We’ll need to review your log books when you get here and tailor the rest of your jumps to make are you meet all the learning objectives to be cleared for self supervision (finishing AFF) and that you meet all the requirements on the A license card. (Standard Coaching program)”
"We've been looking for the enemy for some time now. We've finally found him. We're surrounded. That simplifies things." CP