prodiver913

Swooping question

I have noticed a lot of swoopers with something bunched up under their shirt or top. What is that? Not all of them but some do. It's probably something very obvious that I can't think of right now.
I'm completely in favor of the separation of Church and State. My idea is that these two institutions screw us up enough on their own, so both of them together is certain death.

"RDS"=Removable Deployment System

The Slider, D-bag, Bridle and Pilot chute are removed to decrease drag and increase speed/performance from the parachute.

Or like me, they hit the buffett a bit much:$.

Matt

An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

Typically it is at the slider.

This is probably better asked in the swoopers forum and they may already have some pics to look at. A good pic is this months parachutist cover, you can see the slider rings on the risers after the RDS is removed.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

The D-bag and pilot chute are not connected to the top of the canopy, they are connected to the trailing edge of the slider with a piece of line.

A partial RDS will have some sort of quick release for this line. When the slider comes down, you reel in the line, disconnect it from the slider, and stash the bag and PC.

A full RDS has a removebale slider. More or less it has a 3-ring type release at each corner, generally with a single handle to release all four corners at once. In this configuration, the slider/bag/PC all remain attached to each other.

He's probably talking about the RDS, but couldn't it also be a weight vest? I don't know if the rules still allow it but I thought they wore weights to adjust W/L for different courses.
"If it wasn't easy stupid people couldn't do it", Duane.

My momma said I could be anything I wanted when I grew up, so I became an a$$hole.

It's probably something very obvious that I can't think of right now.

I'm just fat.

I also have a RDS stuffed in my shirt. I'm still fat, though, so I use the RDS to try to hide some of the ripples as I go by.:P
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."