Sangi

Trick with tandem

>However, I do think that tandem flying will evolve just like freefly and other
>disciplines did...

Well, freefly did indeed evolve - but AFF students still go through the course on their bellies. There's a difference between working with students and doing stuff you think is fun, as I mentioned. With students, safety is paramount, and always will be.

However, I do think that tandem flying will evolve just like freefly and other disciplines did...

Taking unnecessary risks and putting a first time jumper in added danger that they know nothing about is not evolving. It's fucking stupidity.
“That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence.”

However, I do think that tandem flying will evolve just like freefly and other disciplines did...

I guess you don't get it, if an AFF instructors like freeflying, they don't teach their students to sitfly at AFF course, it's not safe, the same thing goes to tandems...

The only reference I have that says not to do this is from Bill Boothe and Marc Procos them selves. When I took the I/E course and we got to the pic in the manuel Marc said "Cross that out" and Bill explianed why.

Maybe not Forbiden but highly discouraged.

Matt
An Instructors first concern is student safety.
So, start being safe, first!!!

This thread kinda intermingles with the old thread about tandems being a learning tool or an amusement park ride depending how they are treated.

it could easily be broken into 2 threads.
One on TMs with 1st time jumpers
and
one on TMs jumping with experienced jumpers.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

and

Or how about one thread entitled: If you are going to do this shit, do it with people as dumb as yourself (not students), and at least be smart enough about it to keep your mouth shut and not publish photos on the internet.

and

Or how about one thread entitled: If you are going to do this shit, do it with people as dumb as yourself (not students), and at least be smart enough about it to keep your mouth shut and not publish photos on the internet.

Yeah, same goes for flying pocket sized canopies and and taking objects out of planes, and leaving the ground in the 1st place.

‘Cause lord knows that we never should do anything that is considered risky,
I think I'll park my bike and never ride it again, everyone should pack up their rig and leave them in the closet, because lets face it.
Skydiving is an unnecessary risk that only fools and dumbfucks would ever consider doing.
You are not now, nor will you ever be, good enough to not die in this sport (Sparky)
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

I wonder what Marco Tiezzi would say about this...

Who the fuck cares? You don't seem to care what any other highly experience Tandem Instructors say if their opinions don't fit your view.

Last post of mine in this thread, Sangi remember up thread how you said you have trouble finding people to jump with because you're a light weight?

You sure that's the reason?

I hope you find some open mindedness for yourself in this sport, for all the complaining you're doing about "old timers who are too set in their ways", you've developed that attitude in spades.

You seem to equate open mindedness and forward thinking with rule breaking, not understanding that it takes open mindedness, the ability to think ahead, experience, blood and failures to create those rules. Without them Tandem skydiving would have never survived the 20+ years it has.
----------------------------------------------
You're not as good as you think you are. Seriously.

Yeah, same goes for flying pocket sized canopies and and taking objects out of planes, and leaving the ground in the 1st place.

I think I'll park my bike and never ride it again, everyone should pack up their rig and leave them in the closet, because lets face it.
Skydiving is an unnecessary risk that only fools and dumbfucks would ever consider doing.

So true.
"Dream as you'll live forever, live as you'll die today." James Dean

Who the fuck cares? You don't seem to care what any other highly experience Tandem Instructors say if their opinions don't fit your view.

Last post of mine in this thread, Sangi remember up thread how you said you have trouble finding people to jump with because you're a light weight?

You sure that's the reason?

I hope you find some open mindedness for yourself in this sport, for all the complaining you're doing about "old timers who are too set in their ways", you've developed that attitude in spades.

I bet a lot of people who jump in Europe do care what he has to say, he invented atmonauti and does it with tandems...

Yeah I'm sure that's the reason, because when I jumped with them they would just fall too fast and I couldn't keep up, besides most of them are FreeFlyers and most likely too bored to jump and teach me...

Well anyway, we'll wait some time and see what happens with tandem modern flying :)

So true.

I don’t need you to support me argument, in fact I would prefer you didn’t:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:
My Life ROCKS!
How's yours doing?

please make it 3 threads...
the third being those of us that realize the gear will not sustain the loads and the stress placed on it from such activity no matter what the experience level is.
:S
drogues, tandem rigs, harnesses, canopies are not designed to support 3 people, much less the 4 shown in the hybrid jump shown on here.
Anyone one of you geniuses know what tandem gear is rated at? Or simply not care?
My personal opinion and argument is this has nothing to do with experience levels and everything to do with the gear.

the third being those of us that realize the gear will not sustain the loads and the stress placed on it from such activity no matter what the experience level is.

So why didn't the gear break down in the Polish video?

Or are you just saying it's a matter of "luck" and it can happen next time they do it?

Or are you just saying it's a matter of "luck" and it can happen next time they do it?

Buy 2 canopies, same size, brand new. Do 200 jumps on one with normal weight. Do 200 jumps on the other with double your exit weight.

Think there will be a difference?

I don't know Dave, might make for some eye catching video. I can hear the intro now

"Tonite on Rescue 911, an English sky-god attempts to prove, yet again, that stupidity IS painful"
"I'm William Shatner,and we will return right after a word from our sponsor, Lifestyle condoms, because some gene pools should be allowed to dry up"

What ya think?

ralph

I don't know Dave, might make for some eye catching video. I can hear the intro now

"Tonite on Rescue 911, an English sky-god attempts to prove, yet again, that stupidity IS painful"
"I'm William Shatner,and we will return right after a word from our sponsor, Lifestyle condoms, because some gene pools should be allowed to dry up"

What ya think?

And then...they called...9...1...1...

Ralph, I think you're a comedic genius and have pretty much hit the nail right on the head. Where can we buy a human sized divot fixer for later? Remember, replace your divots, be kind to all the other people who may use the course later.
--"When I die, may I be surrounded by scattered chrome and burning gasoline."