Phizzie

This is my story!!!

I am a 25 year old nursing student that cant afford to skydive at all. on my 18 b-day i did a tandem and when i was in the navy i jumped three times AFF at skydive suffolk and then ran out of money. since then ive made more than a few mistakes in my life and i am tryng to recover from it but i still have school. the sad thing is im not going to nursing school because i "LOVE" it. nursing is easy for me and it will pay me the money i need to skydive all over the world. I think about it everyday, when im on a plane i almost know when we're at 16,000 and i close my eyes and put my self into a free fall. when im in titusville and i see those canopies floating down, it almost hurts. I have givin up everything in order to get through school and yet i still might not make it because the state of florida wants me to go to jail for six months all because i drive to fast (and when im not supposed to) well if I have no other option and i have to go to jail it will destroy everything i have worked for as a nursing student and i will have to start from scratch pushing 26 years old. I have not joind this forum untill today because i wanted to wait untill i was ready to jump all of the time. well... friday is the day i find out my fate. if these motha fkas put me in jail, the day i get out i am dedicating my life to the sport. i have no kids, no wife, and my "friends" are all pretty much worthless. i am willing to go where ever and do what ever but one day skydiving will pay me. and befor i die i will base jump the black hole. I am a little stressed about friday and i wanted to vent. i am totaly looking for friends on this site and maybe some ideas where to get started so feel free to tell me what you think. anybody who actualy reads all this bull flop and wants to hit me up ill let you know how it ends up.

I'll tell you what I think, burt you're not going to like it. I live in Central Florida and so do my husband, children, extended family and a lot of friends. If you have so many traffic infractions that the state thinks you need to do some time, then I think you should go to jail because you are putting all of us at undo risk with your driving habits.

If you were a teenager, I'd give you a little more leeway, but you've been in the military and you're 25 years old! Grow up, have some consideration for others and take responsibility for the consequences of your actions. Our sport needs people who are heads-up. With this attitude, you won't make it to 100 jumps.

And before you tell me I'm being to harsh, I'd tell my children the exact same thing.
She is Da Man, and you better not mess with Da Man,
because she will lay some keepdown on you faster than, well, really fast. ~Billvon

Belive me i totaly understnd where you are coming from. a lot of this is from me being a teenager with a very fast sportbike. my method of thinking was that i lived in the country (Scottsmoor) and we raced in the middle of the night. i got popped once coming home from bike week and it all caught up with me. but yes i know i wasnt thinking about those other people out there and yes i do need to be punished for what i did its just shitty i figured this out a little too late. i now have my prioritys straight and my life goals in site and i will hopefully see you at an event one day. trust me i agree with what you are saying and if i have no other option i will go to jail and not be pissed about it because i did what i did and now its time to "sleep in the bed"

Take a deep, deep breath. It's going to be ok.

We all have screwed up, made mistakes, and done bad things - and we ALL have to own our moments. You've got some intense factors potentially at work in your life right now, and this is the time when you need to be taking your time making some better decisions.

Skymama tells it like it is, and if she cared enough to comment on this, you should care enough to listen. If you absolutely must drive fast, do it in a safer environment - you can bet your ass that very few skydivers have tolerance for anyone who consistently disregards safety.

Having said all that, I hope it goes well for you this week.

Your life won't be over if you go to jail, unless you decide it is.
T.I.N.S.

a lot of this is from me being a teenager with a very fast sportbike. my method of thinking was that i lived in the country (Scottsmoor) and we raced in the middle of the night. i got popped once coming home from bike week and it all caught up with me.

You've GOT to be leaving a lot of shit out. You're saying that 6 years ago or more, you got busted one time for excessive speed and you're about to go to jail? No, you're not telling us everything.

Either way, listen to Skymama.

reckless driving got me suspended then i got caught on a suspended "not knowing it was suspended" but then i got nailed reckless on a suspended "knowingly" and theeennnnn yes six years after the first incident i got caught coming home from bike week in daytona after drinking. now i am a habitual driving offender. and why am i putting this on the internet infront of a buch of people i dont even know???? because i now see what i need to do and i dont care who judges me for it. i dont drink, i go to school everyday, and i not only set my goals, i reach them. everything i do is to make enough money to jump I dream about it at night. i am willing to do what ever it takes to get there. some people learn from there mistakes i guess it just took me a little longer but i did learn. enough about that. i guess this is a jacked up way to introduce my self to your community but trust me ill be around for a wile. i might not be jumping as soon as i would like but ill get there. I guess this is a good thread on responsibility and how it relates to the sport huh?

Sorry to hear of your troubles.

One thing that we have to learn as we become jumpers is that not only must we keep ourselves safe... but we must keep other jumpers in the sky safe too. There are many ways we can hurt or kill each other when skydiving. So.... if you have repeatedly had trouble driving within the law..... you may not be ready to jump with other people safely. (None of this is hypotetical, there were two near canopy collisions at my DZ this weekend. One was my fault, one was the fault of a VERY experienced jumper.)

As a nurse myself (I teach nursing full-time), I have the similar worries about your potential as a nurse. Nurses have many opportunities to do both great good and great harm. Being reckless in your private life makes me suspect that you may be reckless at work too. That is unacceptable for a nurse.

Further, your story about driving with a suspended license that you "didn't know about" suggests a lack of attention to detail that can be deadly for you as a skydiver and deadly for your patients as a nurse.

So... take a big breath and make the choices and changes necessary for you to be ready to do what you want to do. As the Tim McGraw song says "How bad (sic) do you want it?"

Good Luck!
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

OK, you made some mistakes, now you have some consequences. 6 months isn't all that bad. You may have to repeat some classes, but the credits you've already earned won't go away, will they?

(Duck because here it comes)
However, OWI IS NO JOKE!!!!!
I've lost too many friends to it to have any sympathy! (both their own fault and innocent victims)OWI on a bike?? A sportbike???
Please don't say it was only one or two. Everybody says that. (OK, end of sermon)

If you learn from this and are willing to take responsibility for your actions, this can be the greatest sport in the world. The people are the coolest I have EVER met. Look at the encouragement you have gotten so far.
But, as others have said, skydiving is very unforgiving, even small mistakes can have very serious consequences.
Good luck, and I hope you get past this and get to jump.:P

(edit) I may have overreacted, you said HTO, not OWI. If so, you probably won't get the full sentence, the jails are too full.

"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Personally i just smell troll

Even if you're right, and I don't think you are, this thread still serves a purpose.

Phizzie...I think this is a good thing. I'd rather you go to jail and learn your lesson and THEN skydive. You may have been caught three times, but you've driven recklessly more than that. If it takes some jail time to teach you your lesson and fly around with us safely, then it's time well spent.

BE SAFE!!!

Personally i just smell troll

maybe so, maybe not (I don't think so, but who knows)
In any case, if Phizzie is looking for sympathy, I don't see much. Lots of encouragement (including mine), lots of suggestions about taking responibility for ones actions (also incl. mine), even some empathy. Not much sympathy.
Still a good thread about resposibilty.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

Well today was the day and i walked away without jail time but i learned a lot from all of this and i am a better man because of it. i have been and will continue to pay out the ass for all of this and when its all said and done im going to keep paying the same amount every month but right into my skydiving fund.
SEE YOU IN THE SKY!!!!

reckless driving got me suspended then i got caught on a suspended "not knowing it was suspended" but then i got nailed reckless on a suspended "knowingly" and theeennnnn yes six years after the first incident i got caught coming home from bike week in daytona after drinking.

Are you kidding here? No love-fest for this situation.

Am I wrong or isn't this like the 4th person to come on dz.com in the last 4 months and throw out a story like this?

Others included themes such as: I really wanna jump; I can't afford it; My life is a mess; I don't want to work manifest; I don't want to buy a rake; I'm only 16; My mom said NO; I'm not a troll;
SCR #14809

"our attitude is the thing most capable of keeping us safe"
(look, grab, look, grab, peel, punch, punch, arch)

I really wanna jump; I can't afford it; My life is a mess; I don't want to work manifest; I don't want to buy a rake; I'm only 16; My mom said NO; I'm not a troll;

This kind of post really pisses me off, m'kay?

Not everyone knows the forum etiquette, such as it is.
Young people do stupid stuff. As do older people, if you search for downsizing threads.
Somewhere on this earth there are people whose life is not a fairy tale. Some of those people might want to skydive.
Some of those people end up here and like most newbies they don't "do a search" but excitedly spill out their entire life story - only to be stamped mercilessly into the ground by the e-gods.

Don't you think that the occasional new poster might actually be -gasp- genuine? Whatever happened to innocent until proven otherwise?
"That formation-stuff in freefall is just fun and games but with an open parachute it's starting to sound like, you know, an extreme sport."
~mom

have been and will continue to pay out the ass for all of this and when its all said and done im going to keep paying the same amount every month but right into my skydiving fund.

Now that sounds like a plan. Particularly if it's combined with finishing school.

A fresh start doesn't mean ignoring or forgetting what's past. It means focusing on the future, and finding a way to get to the future that you desire.

And nurses are good to have at the DZ...

Wendy W.
There is nothing more dangerous than breaking a basic safety rule and getting away with it. It removes fear of the consequences and builds false confidence. (tbrown)

Thank you to those who actually had positive things to say. Life is all about positive forward motions and a lot of people out here dont even have goals and a lot of the ones that do dont have plans to get there. obviously there are people on this thread that make a good bit of money but some of us after to work extremely hard to get to where they want to be and i deal with haters like Denete on a daily basis. I just brush if off and ignore it though. I'm not going to be on this forum for a long wile because i dont have anything to say about the sport for now but im goin to hit this thread up as my own little reminder of where i was and where i need to go and how to not make the same mistake again. thanks again guys.

calm down friend...

denete is anything BUT a 'hater'.....

and most everyone here means well...

glad that you have avoided incarceration..:|

There are Many Many skydivers who cannot make the same claim..B|[:/]B|;):)
settle down,, follow your plan. complete your education,,, join us in the sky.. when you're ready, but do not toss aside the important responsibilities, just in order to 'go jumping'...

happy holidays...

jmy