FreeflyIndian

Current jump prices

$20- 3500'
$25- 4500'
$30- 7500'
$35- 10000'

I just went to Abbotsford, BC, Canada for a boogie today (Saturday) and paid $111 CAD (about $110 USD) for three jumps. This was just accepted by the participants -- even though the jumps are cheaper in the US, there is that pesky border crossing to deal with whenever you go.

It took 2 minutes to enter Canada, and 1 hour to leave. But I'll be back tomorrow. If it were not a holiday weekend in Canada, I could have stayed in a hotel overnight, but I waited too long.

DJan, what jumpships do they have up there? BTW, I miss you and Skratch.

You guys are lucky. Here in the UK it's £19 per jump (when buying tickets in bulk - 10 tickets @ £190) at Weston, which is $38 USD per jump, to 12K. :(

They may be lucky but they still whinge like a bunch of little girls:P

(.)Y(.)
Chivalry is not dead; it only sleeps for want of work to do. - Jerome K Jerome

DJan, what jumpships do they have up there? BTW, I miss you and Skratch.

I miss you too, dearly. I was momentarily taken aback by your current avatar, but once I recovered, I figured I could answer you quickly before we head off for Abbotsford for the day.

During the boogie, they have the Kapowsin Otter, but usually Abottsford jumps a Porter, which is a great plane but they load it up with ten people (or worse yet, five tandems) and that makes for a pretty tight airplane. Roger Ponce is there organizing this weekend for the boogie.

At Pitt Meadows, they have a King Air, which is so familiar to me from Mile Hi. It's funny, I don't even usually count the 182s (but all the DZs here have at least one) because I won't get in one very often. I think I might have made a half dozen jumps out of them, but that will change, I suspect, when I make low jumps in the winter to keep current.

I wish we could see each other, but unless we meet at some boogie or other, it's a long way to commute. :-)

Edited to add: my $111 by credit card came across this morning as $107.80, making each jump cost $35.90.

DJan

Thanks to all for the info. Interesting stats indeed!!!

Being the analyst I am, I tried to put most of the info from this thread into a spreadsheet for comparison. Attached is the results. NB - Nothing here is official, its just a summary from the thread!!

Anybody in the Lodi vicinity looking to employ me??? PLEASE!!!!! :ph34r::ph34r::D:D:D

I live in canada but jump out of the states ...
I'm in Mission, BC about 10 or so minutes from Skydive Abbotsford....( visiting )
I did a couple jumps there the other day...the porter only seems to go to 10,000 when doing work loads / Tandems....
Tandems where paying $300 and I payed $34 for each of my jumps....
didn't make sense why it wouldn't go to 12,000 when they advertise that....( thats what they said in the email to me...)

mike
Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting - "fcuk me what a ride!"

To filter out inflation, deflation, and stagflation I always equate jump ticket prices to the price of a six pack of domestic beer.

When I started jumping a six pack of Budweiser was three dollars and change. And a trip to 12,500-feet was about two six packs.

Nowadays, a six pack of Bud is about six dollars, but a lot of jump tickets are four and five times that.

Something is seriously out of whack . . .

NickD :)

When I was living in Europe and traveling around, I used the "international beer scale" as an indicator of overall prices in the country I was visiting.

If beer was expensive, so was everything else!

My favorite place to visit was Hungary. Before the USSR collapsed, beer in Hungary was 15 cents and a shot was 20 cents. With $10 you could party all night!

Thanks to all for the info. Interesting stats indeed!!!

Being the analyst I am, I tried to put most of the info from this thread into a spreadsheet for comparison. Attached is the results. NB - Nothing here is official, its just a summary from the thread!!

Anybody in the Lodi vicinity looking to employ me??? PLEASE!!!!! :ph34r::ph34r::D:D:D

Just so you know, Baldwin is in Baldwin,Wisconsin, not Canada. And I'm gonna throw in for Skydive Wissota. $15 dollars to 10,000 feet ain't too shabby.
There's no such thing as free will; everything is dictated by the Uncertainty Principle.

US $13 to 13K (Lodi)
Most other places > $20US
(I hear Perris is at least $27 to 12.5k)

Part of me wishes that people would stop bringing up Lodi. Everyone knows its stupid cheap there and every time it shows up, it makes people feel even shittier about the prices they have to pay at home.

Like the people at Lodi want to stick it to everyone else and show how much "better" they are. Just frustrating.

I'll counter that: We pay $35 for 13,500Ft, now you are making me feel bad about $20-$23/Jump
Downsizing is not the way to prove your manhood.

Skydive Suffolk VA still sporting the cheapest jumps on the east coast.

$23 per jump for the first 5 jumps in the day

$12 for every subsequent jump made that day. 10 jumps in a day averages down to about $17.50 per jump. PAC 750 all the way to 14K.

Like I've said, the PAC is the new way in skydiving. It is more fuel efficient than any of the other classic jump planes and keeps the jump prices down.

And then there's the staff discount...
108 way head down world record!!!
http://www.simonbones.com
Hit me up on Facebook

I think we are the highest in North America @ $40 CAD to 10k and $25 for a 3,500ft hop and pop....

[:/]

Where is that?

Ummm.. looking at my profile didn't occur to you??;)

I the price of fuel stays down for next season I am hoping that the DZO will drop the prices......but I am not holding my breath for either [:/]

You can't swoop in Lodi- me never go :S

You can swoop all you want, even have a pond if you want to clean and fill it. Just don't do a turn over 90 degrees to final.

It's like smaller carbs in Nascar, makes you have to be more creative!

Craig
Jump more, post less!