FreeflyIndian

Current jump prices

US $13 to 13K (Lodi)
Most other places > $20US
(I hear Perris is at least $27 to 12.5k)

Part of me wishes that people would stop bringing up Lodi. Everyone knows its stupid cheap there and every time it shows up, it makes people feel even shittier about the prices they have to pay at home.

Like the people at Lodi want to stick it to everyone else and show how much "better" they are. Just frustrating.
~D
Where troubles melt like lemon drops Away above the chimney tops That's where you'll find me.
Swooping is taking one last poke at the bear before escaping it's cave - davelepka

I would be pretty suprised to find a DZ that is only charging $20 to altitude today. I think $22 is probably about the cheapest around with 24 or 25 quickly becoming the average.

Eloy has been at $25 to 13.5K for a few months now.

"Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so."

US $13 to 13K (Lodi)

Part of me wishes that people would stop bringing up Lodi. Everyone knows its stupid cheap there and every time it shows up, it makes people feel even shittier about the prices they have to pay at home.

Like the people at Lodi want to stick it to everyone else and show how much "better" they are. Just frustrating.

Well...at $13 to 13k, I think they have that right ;). Damn!

US $13 to 13K (Lodi)

$22 to 13K at SDC (Baldwin).

How in the world does Lodi stay in business charging only $13?
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley

US $13 to 13K (Lodi)

$22 to 13K at SDC (Baldwin).

Because they know that there will always be stupid threads like this to give them plenty of free advertising.

Because when every other dz raises their prices Bill doesn't so then all the jumpers come here to Lodi!

And correct me if I'm wrong...but I think he also owns all of his planes.

:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In Reply To
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Because when every other dz raises their prices Bill doesn't so then all the jumpers come here to Lodi!

And correct me if I'm wrong...but I think he also owns all of his planes.

I think he does, I also believe he owns the fuel pumps at the airport, and has a good contract with the fuel company? There are many theories and only Bill and Kathy know what is the real truth but he is proud to have the most inexpensive dropzone and he is not greedy. That is why he is consitantly serving 200+ tandem customers per saturday, as well as plenty of fun jumpers.

I had a ball there and will be back next year to do even more jumps.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power, then the world will see peace." - 'Jimi' Hendrix

I'm not from Lodi but lucky enough to get up there a few times a year. Lodi has very nice people there and none of them want to "stick" it to anybody about what they have. That stick you are feeling shittier about is a result of issues local to your dropzone(s), you should remember that.

A dropzone local to me went to $25 at the first of the year. Then a few months later to $26, then a week later to $27. 8000' jumps became $24 bucks. Can't blame Lodi for that!

Maybe we can all blame skyride.:$

$20- 3500'
$25- 4500'
$30- 7500'
$35- 10000'

I just went to Abbotsford, BC, Canada for a boogie today (Saturday) and paid $111 CAD (about $110 USD) for three jumps. This was just accepted by the participants -- even though the jumps are cheaper in the US, there is that pesky border crossing to deal with whenever you go.

It took 2 minutes to enter Canada, and 1 hour to leave. But I'll be back tomorrow. If it were not a holiday weekend in Canada, I could have stayed in a hotel overnight, but I waited too long.

DJan

I'm not from Lodi but lucky enough to get up there a few times a year. Lodi has very nice people there and none of them want to "stick" it to anybody about what they have. That stick you are feeling shittier about is a result of issues local to your dropzone(s), you should remember that.

A dropzone local to me went to $25 at the first of the year. Then a few months later to $26, then a week later to $27. 8000' jumps became $24 bucks. Can't blame Lodi for that!

Maybe we can all blame skyride.:$

Aww, are you sure we can't "SHTICK it" to just one of em, Glen? :D
www.WestCoastWingsuits.com
www.PrecisionSkydiving.com