jerry81

Here's a novel way to get rid of your worthless old rig

what is shown is an old skydiving harness that looks like shit. What was jumped in the movie was a PerigeePro with grey sidewalls and yellow pincover.

simply put the statement "you can see him wearing it in the opening scene" is INCORRECT, as the stunt was done and shown with BASE gear, vs this shit looking HC.

I have emailed the seller a few times, but I was ignored.

what is shown is an old skydiving harness that looks like shit. What was jumped in the movie was a PerigeePro with grey sidewalls and yellow pincover.

simply put the statement "you can see him wearing it in the opening scene" is INCORRECT, as the stunt was done and shown with BASE gear, vs this shit looking HC.

Invalid reasoning. The PerigeePro is what the stuntman was wearing, what VD is wearing in his close up my well be that old piece of shit. Check the photo, the rig VD is wearing has black webbing and riser covers, the PerigeePro is light gray.
Do you want to have an ideagasm?

Invalid reasoning. The PerigeePro is what the stuntman was wearing, what VD is wearing in his close up my well be that old piece of shit. Check the photo, the rig VD is wearing has black webbing and riser covers, the PerigeePro is light gray.

Here you go. lets take your "invalid reasoning" and split it. 3 levels of truth : is true, is not true, can be true.

the statement by the seller is absolute as it talks about "You can see him wearing this in the opening scene with him driving the corvette off the bridge. " Thus while the shit-looking harness may be shown in the closeup, the PerigeePro is also shown in the opening scene.

As both harnesses are shown, the only way for the seller to be selling the correct thing woudl be to be selling BOTH harnesses. As that is not so, I stand by my original argument being valid.

snip...
"You can see him wearing this in the opening scene with him driving the corvette off the bridge. "

Well, the seller does say that this is the harness that VD wore, not the one jumped...
"I'm not lost. I don't know where I'm going, but there's no sense in being late."
Mathew Quigley

snip...
"You can see him wearing this in the opening scene with him driving the corvette off the bridge. "

Well, the seller does say that this is the harness that VD wore, not the one jumped...

true but how can the harness/rig get so dirty if VD only wears in during the photoshot.

our DZ student rigs is not as dirty as the one he trys to sell

>It might well not be, it's only being sold as such.

Right, but look at any bottle of beer that's being sold on Ebay. They have odd rules that lead to odd product descriptions. (Which is why I don't trust the descriptions.)

I am quite certain that it's not eBay rules, but very simple liability that makes them put the big red "This is being sold as a MOVIE PROP and NOT to be used in anyway. New owner must sign a release stating that this has no use as a actual parachute harness."

the statement by the seller is absolute as it talks about "You can see him wearing this in the opening scene with him driving the corvette off the bridge. " Thus while the shit-looking harness may be shown in the closeup, the PerigeePro is also shown in the opening scene.

But first he states "This is the parchute harness worn by Vin in the movie XXX." He explicitly states that it is the harness worn by VD. The sentence you quote if taken in isolation is ambiguous, and does conflate VD the actor with xXx the fictitious character, but the context clearly shows he is talking about what is worn by VD the actor. (And if anyone's dumb enough to think that Vin the actor did his own BASE jumping stunt, then they deserve to waste their money.)

But it has a certificate! So it must be real then!

Oh look, and it even has a freefly bungee made out of authentic hair that vin diesel used to have.

not to mention that the certificate looks like they printed it from a regular home printer, and you cant even tell who signed it because its just two lines with a loop and a vertical line thrown in

it doesnt even have the three rings so its not the one VD jumped in the movie!

You think VD jumped?

howcome in the pic of him landing there is a 3 ring design...but while he is on the car there is none?

'Cos movies aren't real?