RSG

Its hard to open a new DZ

Trying to open one here after the last guy failed to sort out the paperwork for the Let410

and I'll tell you what: it is not easy at all, and I am not expecting to have fun doing it

my hat is off for all the DZO's and managers, you guys are the hidden hero's of our sport

Cheers ya all

I'll take a wild stab in the dark here John and say Saudi, Riyadh. God knows where i got that educated guess from.

Just because that's in his profile doesn't mean that's where he's talking about here.

For example, your very own profile states:
City: Cincinnati

I didn't know that the UK had a city named "Cincinnati". I always thought that was in Ohio, USA, rather than the UK.

What's that old saying? "People that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."

He should just tell us up front, instead of making every reader go dig it out from somewhere else, and then make assumptions from that which may be false.

I'll take a wild stab in the dark here John and say Saudi, Riyadh. God knows where i got that educated guess from.

Just because that's in his profile doesn't mean that's where he's talking about here.

For example, your very own profile states:
City: Cincinnati

I didn't know that the UK had a city named "Cincinnati". I always thought that was in Ohio, USA, rather than the UK.

What's that old saying? "People that live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones."

He should just tell us up front, instead of making every reader go dig it out from somewhere else, and then make assumptions from that which may be false.

Maybe he was trying to give kudos to DZOs everywhere, rather than limit his praise to his own locale. At least that's the way I read it.

Blues,
Dave
"I AM A PROFESSIONAL EXTREME ATHLETE!"
(drink Mountain Dew)

RSG,

Stay with it my friend. I have a friend who just got his DZ up and running in Lincoln, CA and he has plenty of stories to tell about his obstacles with many political entities. The USPA has been a huge supporter of his and helped in many areas. I don't know if they can extend much help in the Emirates but it is always worth a try to get feedback.

good luck and maybe I'll make it there eventually.
Chris

Just a guess here but...

Saudi Arabia isnt an available pick in the dropdown menu for selecting your country. Closest is the UAE (I tried to pick Saudi as well, being as I am here now). Could be why it is confusing as to where he is trying to open a DZ.

To the OP... if you need some help drop me a note. I am just outside Dammam for the next year...

Tom

yes in Riyadh Saudi Arabia

But we wont be running the Let 410 at all
it in the airfield but needs tons of work

My worries are really with the politics of the aviation authority and other agencies

I'm here indefinitely.

Do you need any help with the DZ? I hardly ever fly (maybe 5 days a month), so if you could use an extra pilot or skydive instructor maybe I can help out. I also have equipment to do video and stills, but I am not proficient at that yet.

I also dabble in video editing.

I'll PM you my email.

Allen

The title of the thread reminds me of one of my favorite lines from the original Batman movie:

"Some days you just can't get rid of a bomb."

You know, sounds kind of like a proverb.
" . . . the lust for power can be just as completely satisfied by suggesting people into loving their servitude as by flogging them and kicking them into obedience." -- Aldous Huxley