FTP_07

Question....

But it would help to meet people, get to know some, and find some I can jump with. I hate being a wallflower and I REALLY hate jumping alone - especially since my shoulder went out on me a little over a year ago. I would feel so much more secure with others around should anything happen (God forbid)...
I'm just so afraid I'll end up jumping with people that are so much more experienced and expect me to be able to do what they do (sit fly, head down, ect). And I know that I will end up jumping with more experienced people I just don't want to be looked at like I'm just a boring belly flyer. I just hatched and got my A for Gods sake!

I know you said you're shy, but you have to reach out. I have never been to Eloy, but I can't believe you'd be refused if you asked. The people in this sport are the best I've ever been around.

Ask at manifest if they have any other low timers.
Ask the instructors who the recent graduates are.

Then, get three newbies together and find an experienced jumer, coach, or instructor who'd be willing to jump with you (the three of you split the cost of his lift ticket).

Nobody would be willing to put you on a jump far beyond your skills (too dangerous for all), but lots of jumpers are "boring belly fliers" and there have to be some looking for a partner for a jump or two.

I spent a day at a different DZ last fall, and was jumping with different people on each jump. On the last one, an experienced guy asked me to jump with him because he didn't want to solo.

All my friends and I had to do was ask.
"There are NO situations which do not call for a French Maid outfit." Lucky McSwervy

"~ya don't GET old by being weak & stupid!" - Airtwardo

...PLUS I didn't realize that when trying to obtain a B license that you HAD to jump x amount of times in 2 ways or whatever....course that may vary at Eloy as well, I have no clue and I haven't asked since I wasn't sure if I wanted to pursue a higher ranking.

Ok. This is a cause of concern for me. Obviously, you do not have, nor have you read, the SIM.

With the exception of the A-license requirement, you do not HAVE to do x amount of 2-ways for any license (note "license", not ranking).

May I strongly suggest that you obtain a copy of the SIM and read it? It contains a ton of information that will help you be safer in the sky.

You can get a hard copy (recommended) or download a softcopy (.pdf) from the USPA website at:
http://www.uspa.org/SIM.aspx
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239

Here's the SIM section I think the OP is referring to.

aerial performance requirements, either:

(1) demonstrated the ability to perform individual maneuvers (left 360, right 360, backloop, left 360, right 360, backloop) in freefall in 18 seconds or less

(2) or successful completion of the planned formation(s) on ten group freefall jumps

Granted, it doesn't specifically say 2 ways, it is in the requirements for a B license unless he did the alternative demonstration. :)

"safety first... and What the hell.....
safety second, Too!!! " ~~jmy

POPS #10490

Just want to point out that the 15x 2 ways is for the CSPA B license, not the USPA B license.

mix up i guess comes from not knowing that ifell is a canadian jumper (person who made the comment)
The Altitude above you, the runway behind you, and the fuel not in the plane are totally worthless
Dudeist Skydiver # 10

I don't mind at all! To be able to jump with ANYONE at this point would be great. Sadly I'm in the midst of moving so I'm limited in funds - I'm wanting (and will HAVE to be there) to jump in Feb. again as I've got 60 days now that I have my A. Good thing that happened when it did. Anyway, yes, it would be great to jump with you. :)

Hey, I couldn't help but notice on one of your pics that there was a 'Leap for Lupus. Where is the 'Leap for Lupus' held at? Is that a yearly thing and if so, when is it? I lost a friend to Lupus and I would love to participate this next year.

You'll probably hear this from others, but try to jump more than the minimum to stay current. Minimal currency just isn't really safe. it's tough to do sometimes. Here in Idaho, I've got to deal wiith winter weather (brrrrrrrr) and I'm trying to do that by getting to warmer dryer places as often as I can. Eloy next week and probably Mesquite in mid-January. I don't know where I'm headed in February, but with a little luck spring will be edging it's way in by then. If Eloy turns out to be as great as I'm hoping, I'll be back and maybe we can do some jumping then.

POPS #10490

Hey, I couldn't help but notice on one of your pics that there was a 'Leap for Lupus. Where is the 'Leap for Lupus' held at? Is that a yearly thing and if so, when is it? I lost a friend to Lupus and I would love to participate this next year.

Leap for Lupus is an annual event (generally the first weekend in August, I think) at Kapowsin, WA.
That's near Seattle, so the flight there from Phoenix would probably be reasonable. I have had a great time jumping at Kapowsin. There are some fantastic people there and some of the best love to help newbies along. (vskydiver and JohnMitcheel to name some names). It would be great to see you there. There will be a thread in the events forum when the date gets close enough.

POPS #10490