robskydiv

Ride to Altitude II

What song occupies your mind on the ride to altitude? Mine used to be Cocaine by Eric Clapton. Lately though, an old Army cadence has been surfacing: Halo, Halo Infantry! Queen of Battle follow me. Infantry's the life for me, 'Cause nothi'n in this world is free...

What song occupies your mind on the ride to altitude? Mine used to be Cocaine by Eric Clapton. Lately though, an old Army cadence has been surfacing: Halo, Halo Infantry! Queen of Battle follow me. Infantry's the life for me, 'Cause nothi'n in this world is free...

At 270 jumps over 12 years, you might wanna sing "ooooh, yeah, focus on the skydive, man...ooooh yeah baby...oh yeah...PULL PULL PULL, oh Baby oh SHIIIIII....................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

Just a thought.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

At 270 jumps over 12 years, you might wanna sing "ooooh, yeah, focus on the skydive, man...ooooh yeah baby...oh yeah...PULL PULL PULL, oh Baby oh SHIIIIII....................!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!".

Just a thought.

C'mon man why are you getting on the guy's case? I had a song playing in my head during AFF1..forgot what it was though [:/]

Just a thought.

C'mon man why are you getting on the guy's case? I had a song playing in my head during AFF1..forgot what it was though [:/]

Actually, I was dispensing a little advise if that's ok with you. Let's all sing our favorite song now...

"Check my handles, check my pin, if I pay attention, I might live again - Doooooaaaahhhhhh, Doooooaaaaahhhhh!";)
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

Actually, I was dispensing a little advise if that's ok with you. Let's all sing our favorite song now...

"Check my handles, check my pin, if I pay attention, I might live again - Doooooaaaahhhhhh, Doooooaaaaahhhhh!";)

I agree, but on the almost half hour ride up to 10,000 in the Cessna my mind does eventually wander away from the dive progression and gear checks. Do them a few times, but I find my performace decreases once I overthink it to a point, and I end up second guessing my equipment that I've already checked 3 or 4 times.

So I usually have a tune playing in my head. I think theres room for both intense focus and relaxation on the way up.

michael franti - life in the city and nobody right nobody wrong
john mayer - gravity

those are the 3 that are owning me atm

as far as reviewing dives and gear checks, you can only do them so many times. i wasnt to bad on spacing out on the otter but now that its all cessnas for the winter i tend to really space out

Lately it's been Boot Scootin' Boogie by Brooks and Dunn.

Yeah, heel, toe, docie doe come on baby let's go boot scootin'
Cadilac, black jack, baby meet me outback we're gonna boogie
Oh get down, turn around go to town boot scootin' boogie
My reality and yours are quite different.
I think we're all Bozos on this bus.
Falcon5232, SCS8170, SCSA353, POPS9398, DS239