ChangoLanzao

Is ours the only sport ...

I don't see any fagits with silly ass computers pressing down to bottom 1000ft on gas and burning steel or making a flange up. so we will just have to disagree there.

I like the pussies that won't dive without an onsite decompression chamber. Talk about weak ass. Without their tender-slave, they're fucked.

By your metric, the only professional skydivers are the handful of guys doing movies. None of the AFF-Is or DZOs count.

If you two aren't going to finish jerking each other off soon, then at least have the decency to get a room.:S
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P

I like the pussies that won't dive without an onsite decompression chamber. Talk about weak ass. Without their tender-slave, they're fucked.

By your metric, the only professional skydivers are the handful of guys doing movies. None of the AFF-Is or DZOs count.

no sir, I made no such statement, suggested, or implied in any way that a handful of skydivers doing movies are the only professionals. I do not agree with that statement.

we use decompression chambers for decompression. your assumption that we will not dive without one is incorrect. it is a piece of equipment that we use to achieve longer bottom times and work at extreme depths safely.

our dive tenders are not slaves you are incorrect in that assumption as well. they are tenders first before they become divers in order to learn the tools, equipment and diving procedures. this is a necessary learning process and safety protocol, so that they are prepared to deal with and mitigate the dangers of diving deep. we gradually introduce them into the water to do less critical tasks to get acclimated ...you gotta walk before you can run ;)

you sound much like a guy who is bitter, maybe tried to become a professional diver and just didn't make the cut. it's OK bud, it's not for everybody. many try and many fail. we see them come and go by the hundreds every year. we weed out the shitbricks quickly. it's a very technical operation in an extremely hostile environment where mistakes are not allowed otherwise people die. we are not in the business of killing people, so we minimize the risks by eliminating as many hazzards as possible. dumbfucks with a bad attitude that think they know shit but really don't will not make it.

hope this clears up some of your misconceptions about professional divers.

we also do quite a bit of (commercial)spearfishing in these parts free diving, and on scuba for profit...we get in bruising battles with big fish so deep that would make you crap your skivies. solid motherfucking professionals.

the whole watch thing came about because another poster brought it up, and I replied to it. you came on like some plastic computer watch was the be all that ends all in diving. I was simply trying to let you know otherwise.

I have no beef with you bud, don't have such a shitty attitude.

if you are ever in new orleans and you want to go dive and check out the biggest man made reef on the planet or do some spearfishing or whatever floats your boat gimme a shout. I'll get you set up with some professionals.

be cool man...later
if you want a friend feed any animal
Perry Farrell

our dive tenders are not slaves you are incorrect in that assumption as well. they are tenders first before they become divers in order to learn the tools, equipment and diving procedures.

Also is vital for keeping the pool of competitors low, and wages high.

you sound much like a guy who is bitter, maybe tried to become a professional diver and just didn't make the cut.
I have no beef with you bud, don't have such a shitty attitude.

LOL - you're a funny guy to talk about bitter.
I'm yanking your high and mighty chain, that's all.

Never had any interest in commercial diving, nor any in professional diving (DM, UI, etc) other than to get an invite to DEMA. It's purely recreation, like skydiving, hiking, kayaking, sailing, biking, etc...

In the open circuit world, Suunto represented a huge gain in reliability, just as it did for altimeters for hikers, compared to Cochran in particular, and a bit of an edge over the Pelagic made models. And all of them made more sense than a Rolex.

Oh yeah: Iconic sports symbols. It seems like the Parachute Closing Pin is really unique in that respect. :S

For symbols, the diver down red slash is iconic, as well as the (trademarked) ironman logo for long distance triathlon. Many tatoo this on their ankle or shoulder.

For physical devices, the caribiner for climbers. The ice axe would be for mountaineers, but it's not suitably compact, a problem for many sports.

And if the closing pin is our secret handshake, how do we identify others' secret handshakes?

And don't put that closing pin on an unbreakable necklace and then go jump....

I know a lot of people that don't climb but still use carabiners. I think the true mark of a climber is white chalk all over themselves haha.

Nah man chalk gets all slimey a real climber uses no chalk
Divot your source for all things Hillbilly.
Anvil Brother 84
SCR 14192