Tuna-Salad

Favorite Exit Platform.

I voted side because along with tailgate exits come slow, noisy tailgate aircraft. I don't care for most tailgates because of the noise, speed and sitting position on the ride to altitude. It's cool for something different now and again but I much prefer to jump form the otter. It is however very hard to get a raft out of a side door:D

Play stupid games, win stupid prizes!

Balloon was pretty cool.....

and years ago @ Quincy Ill.

i got to jump a Boeing 727 Jet!!!B|B|
THREE times in one day!!!!
Honest...

... i had bought a lift ticket for jet load # 2... and joined some guys from south dakota for a 6 way..( Bob Roach, is a name that sticks in my mind).... and THEN some pals asked me to video their 10 way speed star team... so I got another ticket for that... ( well worth the $$$) mid afternoon... and
THEN....... we were dirt diving a twenty way which was a tandem
( TM was from CAL... Harley was his name, ( r.i.p. [:/]:() student was a woman who had made 20 or more tandems, with him,, she was a para-palegic who Loved to skydive...) the plan was to build a 20 way around her...B|
The L . O. was Buddha and we all had tickets for an Otter Load...
.....WELL>>>> a staff person comes over and says, to the L O . " hey the last jet load is boarding now,,, and they are LIGHT, about 70 jumpers... wanna Put YOUR load in the Jet!?????"

hahaha.. honest...:o:):)
well we hustled over there, with nothin' but 16 dollar Otter tickets, and they put us on it.... we hit the cloud ceiling at 11-five, and so got out there.. built to around 15 or so...
B|;):)What a day!!!:o:D

But truth be told.... ANY lift platform,, that is carrying me and a bunch of guys and ladies who are pals .. works for me.!!!B|

skydive safely skydive often skydive with friends

jt

My first jump which has led to my favorite platform, was out of a skyvan...
I remember:

My TM was Dave Pancake...

Pancake: Are you ready?
Me: Yeah!
Pancake: You sure?
Me: Yeah dude! Let's go!
Pancake: Take three steps...

The last one was a doozy! B|:D

I'll never forget that feeling watching the plane fly away... though I love Otters now, the skyvan has a really special place in my heart.

There is an art, or rather a knack to flying. The knack lies in learning to throw yourself at the ground and miss. Pick a nice day, and try it. - Douglas Adams

I would have to say the most unique was out of a Ford Tri-Motor over the Oshkosh Air Show.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ford_Tri-Motor

The pilot had never flown skydivers. Before starting the engines, he asked us, "how slow do I have to fly for you guys to get out"?

Of course, our answer was "how slow will this thing fly"?

He replies, "I don't think I can get it much slower than 40-45mph.

As we look at each other, someone replied, "that'll be fine"!

It wasn't much of a skydive. Eight of us swimming and tumbling for 4000 feet, waiting for enough airspeed to fly on. Good thing no one, at airshows, ever sees the free fall part of the show.
Birdshit & Fools Productions

"Son, only two things fall from the sky."

My favorite was out of the bomb bay of a B-17. B|B|

Haven't done that one, but DO have a B-29! B|B|B|

I was in the 82nd when the division used C-119, C-123 and C-130 jump aircraft. My favorite was the C-119. It certainly wasn't sport jumping but it was a very fun jump aircraft. Both a tailgate and a side exit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/C-119
Guru312

I am not DB Cooper

How about both sides? I made a few jumps out of the Northwest Skydivers porter with sliding doors and porches on both sides. You could put half the jump out the left side, half out the right side, and then fly the two pieces together.

Or the bomb bay? I took a tour of the B17 and then decided the jump ticket was worth the $300+ upgrade. Never did get my T-shirt.

Tailgate, hands down.

Skyvans are flying coffins but not that bad for wingsuit (you can't fit enough people behind the line for a stall anyway :o), but Herc and An-72 positively rule. Herc can fit four abreast for exit and is bigger, An-72 only three but climbs faster. And it's a jet .. :)

But I'll happily jump a 182 any day of the week and twice on Sunday. (Three jumps a day starts sounding like work. :P)
Caravans are nice workhorses.
(We don't have Otters, not one in the entire country. Used to have a Let-410 which is somewhat comparable. I have one jump from it, nine years back, static line. :$ That was fun!)

Johan.
I am. I think.

My first jump which has led to my favorite platform, was out of a skyvan...
I remember:

My TM was Dave Pancake...

Pancake: Are you ready?
Me: Yeah!
Pancake: You sure?
Me: Yeah dude! Let's go!
Pancake: Take three steps...

The last one was a doozy! B|:D

I'll never forget that feeling watching the plane fly away... though I love Otters now, the skyvan has a really special place in my heart.

Haha! Pancake's awesome!

And my favorite is the short bus !!! ;)
Always be kinder than you feel.

Tailgate, hands down.

Skyvans are flying coffins but .... B|

Safety issues aside, I love Skyvans. Haven't been up on a CASA or a C-130, but running off a tailgate absolutely kicks the ass off of any other exit I've ever made (and I love Twin Otters, by the way, they're magnificent jumships and I feel a whole lot safer on them too).

Your humble servant.....Professor Gravity !

My most memorable was a C141 Starlifter. A four engined jet the size of a subway station with an awesome run in speed, and then getting out to see the other four in the formation behind. Only a static line jump from 800' but what an exit and view. And paid to do it too! :)

Balloon. the feeling of falling into dead air is great. I'd like to do a C-130 jump. Maybe at the African Freefall Convention in 2010.

BJ's Thailand Boogie has Hercs. Vskydiver and I had a blast jumping out of those last March. We've done a number of hovering helicopter jumps, but still haven't logged a balloon jump yet. Someday. I really enjoyed the MI-8 tailgate helicopter jumps we did in Mexico years ago. B|